The Student Room Group
Being a girl, I really know nothing about football.

But i do have a question about said game, and I thought here would be the best place to ask, you all seeming so knowledgeable and all that..

Yes. How likely is it that Ipswich will be promoted, do you think?

I don't get all the promotion thing, and I feel slightly silly asking. But meh.
Hayley...
Being a girl, I really know nothing about football.

But i do have a question about said game, and I thought here would be the best place to ask, you all seeming so knowledgeable and all that..

Yes. How likely is it that Ipswich will be promoted, do you think?

I don't get all the promotion thing, and I feel slightly silly asking. But meh.

right the top 2 teams in the table get automatic promotion, and the 3rd,4th,5th,6th team in the table at the end of the season will play each other, and one of them will get to the premiership. Ipswich is 6th at the moment, but it all depends on the next games
Illuvatar
right the top 2 teams in the table get automatic promotion, and the 3rd,4th,5th,6th team in the table at the end of the season will play each other, and one of them will get to the premiership. Ipswich is 6th at the moment, but it all depends on the next games

Right. I think I understand. Do you personally think they'll get into the playoffs from the way they've been playing lately?

See, my boyfriend lives just outside Ipswich (so most of his friends support Ipswich), but he supports Leeds. I'm just wondering how much stick he's likely to get, if Ipswich go up and Leeds go down...
Bareclona are incredible! Had 15 matches where they've scored 3 or more. They are unbeaten in 17, and they have gained 17 points on Real Madrid since January (Only 1 behind now). They have just demolished Espanyol 4-1 by playing the best football i have seen in a while if not ever. And Ronaldinho, omg, he is amazing! Whenever the ball came to him, he looked dangerous. Scored the first, with a nice little header, having been involved greatly in the build up with some great skill. Set up the second with a backheal through to Saviola. And started off the third, which was an incredbile team goal finished by van bronckhorst. Here are some commentator quotes for Ronaldinho:

"Simply the best in the world"
"This was the Ronaldinho show"
"Ronaldinho and co winning 2-1"

Quite simply he was incredible and has been all season, and i believe, quite simply, that he is the best in the world and will be considered the best ever.
Also, to pay credit to the rest of the team, they have all been fantastic in the 2nd half of the season, and have been playing world class football, and i reckon the best football in Europe.

BARCELONA ARE AMAZING!! :biggrin:
mc_watson87
Bareclona are incredible! Had 15 matches where they've scored 3 or more. They are unbeaten in 17, and they have gained 17 points on Real Madrid since January (Only 1 behind now). They have just demolished Espanyol 4-1 by playing the best football i have seen in a while if not ever. And Ronaldinho, omg, he is amazing! Whenever the ball came to him, he looked dangerous. Scored the first, with a nice little header, having been involved greatly in the build up with some great skill. Set up the second with a backheal through to Saviola. And started off the third, which was an incredbile team goal finished by van bronckhorst. Here are some commentator quotes for Ronaldinho:

Quite simply he was incredible and has been all season, and i believe, quite simply, that he is the best in the world and will be considered the best ever.
Also, to pay credit to the rest of the team, they have all been fantastic in the 2nd half of the season, and have been playing world class football, and i reckon the best football in Europe.

lol yea ronaldinhos a great player...why all suddenly saying hes 'best in the world' etc tho :tongue:
TheWolf
lol yea ronaldinhos a great player...why all suddenly saying hes 'best in the world' etc tho :tongue:

Because he was incredible, and also i haven't suddenly sed this, was my first comment in best footballers thread and i have said repeatedly in this thread that i think he is best in world. Because he is. Too good he was.
On form, Ronaldinho is the best player in the world.

He even outclasses Zidane. No easy task!
Lord Huntroyde
Villa's accountants will be very optimistic now - especially as English CL clubs generally get more than CL teams from other countries.

Well, we'll take one game at a time, but at least we have a chance.

One worrying thing is our lack of potentcy today.
We should've beaten Tottenham about 4-0 today.
Bigcnee
On form, Ronaldinho is the best player in the world.
He even outclasses Zidane. No easy task!

Indeed, and in the second half of this la liga season he has been on form, and hence damn incredible. Hes still young aswell, exactly 7 years older than me, so i see very big things for him and Barcelona in the not too distant future. :smile:
mc_watson87
Indeed, and in the second half of this la liga season he has been on form, and hence damn incredible. Hes still young aswell, exactly 7 years older than me, so i see very big things for him and Barcelona in the not too distant future. :smile:

Yep. Especially if they spend this summer (which I believe they will).

Personally I'm glad that football has one of its sleeping giants back.
Bigcnee
Yep. Especially if they spend this summer (which I believe they will).

Personally I'm glad that football has one of its sleeping giants back.

Yeah me too, i'm happy for them. I just hope they don't sell Ronaldinho.
Reply 1991
mc_watson87

BARCELONA ARE AMAZING!! :biggrin:

Barcelona = best team in world at moment. Nobody compares, not even the mighty Monaco. Wow, just breathtaking. If Davids had scored that goal as well it would have been one of the greatest of all time. But bloody hell, how far downhill has Kluivert gone? A complete shadow of his former self. And poor Quaresma, it's not like he gets the amount of first team action he deserves, but that foul was atrocious. Reminded me of Muzzy Izzet's on Kanoute earlier this season. Icky. And whoever suggested that Van Bommel might go to Villa - he won't :tongue:. If Villa get into the CL, I think they will struggle.
Reply 1992
David O'Leary said himself that Villa will struggle due to their lack of players and funds for next season. Supposedly they will only have 15 1st team players next season...that includes two goal keepers. However I would still prefer Newcastle outa Villa and Liverpool to get the 4th spot!
Kuz
David O'Leary said himself that Villa will struggle due to their lack of players and funds for next season. Supposedly they will only have 15 1st team players next season...that includes two goal keepers. However I would still prefer Newcastle outa Villa and Liverpool to get the 4th spot!

why do you prefer newcastle? :eek:
Zapsta
Barcelona = best team in world at moment. Nobody compares, not even the mighty Monaco. Wow, just breathtaking. If Davids had scored that goal as well it would have been one of the greatest of all time. But bloody hell, how far downhill has Kluivert gone? A complete shadow of his former self. And poor Quaresma, it's not like he gets the amount of first team action he deserves, but that foul was atrocious. Reminded me of Muzzy Izzet's on Kanoute earlier this season. Icky. And whoever suggested that Van Bommel might go to Villa - he won't :tongue:. If Villa get into the CL, I think they will struggle.

Yeah poor Quaresma. Kluivert hasn't had many games recently, so is poorness is to be expected, but he has got notibaly worse over last few years. Tis a shame, cus he looked very promising at one point. Nearly scored though, with a good shot. Barcelona are playin immense football at the moment, breathtaking stuff.
Reply 1995
TheWolf
why do you prefer newcastle? :eek:

As their progress in Europe this season already dictates, they are the better of the three to cope with European football.

Villa not experienced enough, not a great attack to add to that, no real flair except for Angel
Liverpool a distinctly average team, with no real glimmer in the future of improvement and the ability to cope with CL football
Newcastle, solid defence, already proved ability to cope with a higher degree of european football!
Kuz
As their progress in Europe this season already dictates, they are the better of the three to cope with European football.

Liverpool a distinctly average team, with no real glimmer in the future of improvement

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Reply 1997
TheWolf
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Why the confusion?
Kuz
Why the confusion?

no glimmer of hope? thats slightly harsh and untrue? every team has hopes?
Reply 1999
piginapoke
There's not much between Liverpool and Newcastle IMO.

Domestically I agree, but theres just this small class difference btw Liverpool and Newcastle in European competitions!

Latest