The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Not necessarily. Majority of people who I know irrespective of who they support, would rather win the Premiership than the Champions League.
I wonder which one Jose Mourinho, Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger would rather win
Rainy
Badges: 15
Report 14 years ago
I want to win the Premier League again, and add the win in the Champions League.

Also, the FA Cup will be interesting as the final will be played at the new stadium at Wembley (next season).
Just read that through a few times.

He wants to win the premiership again (fair comment) and add it to the win in the CL - suggesting that Chelsea will already have won it. He talks about the final of the FA Cup at Wembley being "interesting", as if it's his god given right to be playing in it.

Maybe I'm reading a little too much into it, but those two sentences smack of arrogance.
sb1986
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rafa on Gerrard

We are preparing a special weightlifting plan for Gerrard’s shoulders because we want him to lift a lot of trophies for Liverpool in the next few years.
EDIT: He did actually say it
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Raindance)
He talks about the final of the FA Cup at Wembley being "interesting", as if it's his god given right to be playing in it.
He never said what made it interesting did he? Perhaps Man Utd showed other teams how you can beat Arsenal tactically, which means that Arsenal could drop more points next season? And speaking of God given rights to play in it. Don't you hear about all those fans of ex-Premiership sides in the Championship who think they should be in the Premiership? West Ham kept doing it, now they're there though. Then there's Leeds who still think they're a side for the CL. Oh and lets not forget that Newcastle are a big club and should be finishing in the top six year in and year out. :rolleyes:
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
He never said what made it interesting did he? Perhaps Man Utd showed other teams how you can beat Arsenal tactically, which means that Arsenal could drop more points next season? And speaking of God given rights to play in it. Don't you hear about all those fans of ex-Premiership sides in the Championship who think they should be in the Premiership? West Ham kept doing it, now they're there though. Then there's Leeds who still think they're a side for the CL. Oh and lets not forget that Newcastle are a big club and should be finishing in the top six year in and year out. :rolleyes:
Key word there.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Key word there.
Yep.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
I wonder which one Jose Mourinho, Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger would rather win
Alex Ferguson would want to win anything - perhaps stick Man U in the LDV Vans Trophy?
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Maybe I'm reading a little too much into it, but those two sentences smack of arrogance.
well wouldnt you want to win the League and CL as a player?

+ he didnt mention playing in the final - but England havent had its own proper national stadium for years and it would be great to have more events there, not just football.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
well wouldnt you want to win the League and CL as a player?

+ he didnt mention playing in the final - but England havent had its own proper national stadium for years and it would be great to have more events there, not just football.
Spot on.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Anyone watching the Brazil Mexico match? =o
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Anyone watching the Brazil Mexico match? =o
What channel? (and score)
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Channel 5 0-0 =o
Rainy
Report 14 years ago
Channel 5 0-0 =o
Has it just started?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
its about 55th minute now or summin. Not watchin it atm =o
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Bad game for Brazil, they can play much better than that =s
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Works for me. I'll upload it to my photobucket account....

Topman Fashion Tee - £8
AHHHH! My Eyes, my eyes....next time you're going to show us something offensive, can you at least warn us please!
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Bad game for Brazil, they can play much better than that =s
Mexico played well to counteract them tho!
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What was the score?

(been revising frantically for tomorrow :| )
jamlan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
What was the score?

Mexico 1 Brazil 0 :eek:
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Jump)
What was the score?

1-0 Mexico.
Mexico jus completly shut Brazil out.

Mexico also scored a penalty, but it had to be retaken, missed it, had it retaken again and Dida saved it! :eek:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (71)
27.84%
1 (40)
15.69%
2 (41)
16.08%
3 (38)
14.9%
4 (17)
6.67%
5 (20)
7.84%