The Student Room Group
Reply 19980
NDGAARONDI
Not necessarily. Majority of people who I know irrespective of who they support, would rather win the Premiership than the Champions League.

I wonder which one Jose Mourinho, Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger would rather win :biggrin:
Reply 19981
I want to win the Premier League again, and add the win in the Champions League.

Also, the FA Cup will be interesting as the final will be played at the new stadium at Wembley (next season).

Just read that through a few times.

He wants to win the premiership again (fair comment) and add it to the win in the CL - suggesting that Chelsea will already have won it. He talks about the final of the FA Cup at Wembley being "interesting", as if it's his god given right to be playing in it.

Maybe I'm reading a little too much into it, but those two sentences smack of arrogance.
Reply 19982
Rafa on Gerrard

We are preparing a special weightlifting plan for Gerrard’s shoulders because we want him to lift a lot of trophies for Liverpool in the next few years.

EDIT: He did actually say it
Raindance
He talks about the final of the FA Cup at Wembley being "interesting", as if it's his god given right to be playing in it.

He never said what made it interesting did he? Perhaps Man Utd showed other teams how you can beat Arsenal tactically, which means that Arsenal could drop more points next season? And speaking of God given rights to play in it. Don't you hear about all those fans of ex-Premiership sides in the Championship who think they should be in the Premiership? West Ham kept doing it, now they're there though. Then there's Leeds who still think they're a side for the CL. Oh and lets not forget that Newcastle are a big club and should be finishing in the top six year in and year out. :rolleyes:
Reply 19984
NDGAARONDI
He never said what made it interesting did he? Perhaps Man Utd showed other teams how you can beat Arsenal tactically, which means that Arsenal could drop more points next season? And speaking of God given rights to play in it. Don't you hear about all those fans of ex-Premiership sides in the Championship who think they should be in the Premiership? West Ham kept doing it, now they're there though. Then there's Leeds who still think they're a side for the CL. Oh and lets not forget that Newcastle are a big club and should be finishing in the top six year in and year out. :rolleyes:

Key word there.
Raindance
Key word there.

Yep. :biggrin:
kpg
I wonder which one Jose Mourinho, Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger would rather win :biggrin:

Alex Ferguson would want to win anything - perhaps stick Man U in the LDV Vans Trophy?
Raindance

Maybe I'm reading a little too much into it, but those two sentences smack of arrogance.

well wouldnt you want to win the League and CL as a player?

+ he didnt mention playing in the final - but England havent had its own proper national stadium for years and it would be great to have more events there, not just football.
fernando
well wouldnt you want to win the League and CL as a player?

+ he didnt mention playing in the final - but England havent had its own proper national stadium for years and it would be great to have more events there, not just football.

Spot on.
Anyone watching the Brazil Mexico match? =o
Reply 19990
TheWolf
Anyone watching the Brazil Mexico match? =o

What channel? (and score)
Channel 5 0-0 =o
Reply 19992
TheWolf
Channel 5 0-0 =o

Has it just started?
its about 55th minute now or summin. Not watchin it atm =o
Bad game for Brazil, they can play much better than that =s
Reply 19995
goldenbarnes
Works for me. I'll upload it to my photobucket account....

Topman Fashion Tee - £8

AHHHH! My Eyes, my eyes....next time you're going to show us something offensive, can you at least warn us please!
TheWolf
Bad game for Brazil, they can play much better than that =s

Mexico played well to counteract them tho!
Reply 19997
What was the score?

(been revising frantically for tomorrow :| )
Jump
What was the score?

Mexico 1 Brazil 0 :eek:
Jump
What was the score?

1-0 Mexico.
Mexico jus completly shut Brazil out.

Mexico also scored a penalty, but it had to be retaken, missed it, had it retaken again and Dida saved it! :eek:

Latest