The Student Room Group
Reply 2060
corey
Bollocks. Shearer has played consistently well this season and Newcastle without him would have been completely screwed. His play is dedicated for the team, he has scored some fabolous goals and is the best English forward in the premiership - he would be picked instantly for England again if he returned to international football.

What about his massive dry patch that started around Christmas? He should play for England again though, otherwise I'm not sure where our goals are going to come from.
Reply 2061
TheWolf
LOL henry is a striker - he scores goals + assists like crazy - thats all a striker should do - nothing more. Henry hardly ever puts a foot wrong either...technically henry i think is better than gerrard, faster and clever in movement with all respect to gerrard

WRONG! Henry is a foward, he creates his own chances with the ball using skill and a shit load of determination! Strikers on the other hand are feed balls in their own area with the only skill they use is ensuring that they don't get caught offside! :biggrin:
Reply 2062
corey
Bollocks. Shearer has played consistently well this season and Newcastle without him would have been completely screwed. His play is dedicated for the team, he has scored some fabolous goals and is the best English forward in the premiership - he would be picked instantly for England again if he returned to international football.

Might be the best English player in his position - but this season, even though he was consistent, Lampard has made the bigger contribution.
Reply 2063
Bigcnee
Well he also owns many other businesses, so why would he put money into a rust-ridden ship?

He doesn't :frown:
Zapsta
What about his massive dry patch that started around Christmas? He should play for England again though, otherwise I'm not sure where our goals are going to come from.
He still played fantastically, if shearer doesn't tick, Newcastle doesn't tick. Also, you have to take into account that lampard has been playing alongside a team of infinetly better quality than Newcastle.

Chelsea could have done without Lampard, Newcastle could not have done without shearer.
maximusmak
you ppl make me laugh, i mean that you've been talking about rep points, which gives a hit, im mean really, are you geting paided a million quid if you get an extra gem, u aint even getin a penny, and as for respect, you dont earn it unless you actually meet a person, the actions of a person reflects their inner beleifs, i can sweet talk any 1 here, but they still dnt reflect my actions, but if you knew me properly they you be more able to judge me.

hmm?
Reply 2066
Bigcnee
@ Kuz:

Your kind dad gives you the best opportunity in football supporting, and you repay him by supporting them?

I'd disown you. :tongue:

lol! I think I should be disowning him, a Villa supporter in our family...bloody disgrace!
Kuz
WRONG! Henry is a foward, he creates his own chances with the ball using skill and a shit load of determination! Strikers on the other hand are feed balls in their own area with the only skill they use is ensuring that they don't get caught offside! :biggrin:

why the fuck am i wrong!
Kuz

typical woman.
Kuz
lol! I think I should be disowning him, a Villa supporter in our family...bloody disgrace!

You'd be supporting:

1) The most beautifully named club in the world
2) The best-kitted club in the world
3) A club who has won the big one. :wink:
Reply 2070
TheWolf
why the fuck am i wrong!

Are you saying you're unaware of the technical definitions of Championship Manager?
TheWolf
hmm?

wouldnt you agree
Reply 2072
corey
typical woman.

and why? :smile: :confused: :smile: :confused:
maximusmak
wouldnt you agree

why post this in the football forum and why does it matter?
Reply 2074
TheWolf
why the fuck am i wrong!

because you are! read! lol! :biggrin:
Kuz
and why? :smile: :confused: :smile: :confused:

erm...because you really don't seem to grasp how hard a strikers role is. You also don't seem to grasp, that Henry would be nowhere near as good in a poorer team.
maximusmak
you ppl make me laugh, i mean that you've been talking about rep points, which gives a hit, im mean really, are you geting paided a million quid if you get an extra gem, u aint even getin a penny, and as for respect, you dont earn it unless you actually meet a person, the actions of a person reflects their inner beleifs, i can sweet talk any 1 here, but they still dnt reflect my actions, but if you knew me properly they you be more able to judge me.

What are u on about? I think u r in the wrong thread.
Reply 2077
Bigcnee
You'd be supporting:

1) The most beautifully named club in the world
2) The best-kitted club in the world
3) A club who has won the big one. :wink:

lol! I think your blind, deaf and dumb! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 2078
corey
erm...because you really don't seem to grasp how hard a strikers role is. You also don't seem to grasp, that Henry would be nowhere near as good in a poorer team.

explain how hard a strikers role is then! explain how my views have anything to do wit me being a lady!
Kuz
explain how hard a strikers role is then! explain how my views have anything to do wit me being a lady!

probably because you haven't actually played football!

Latest