The Student Room Group
ok i think its 2-0 liverpool now

and celtic have 5 strikers on now
Who scored the second goal then?
Catch them on the counter attack, long ball!
celtic are out of the Champions League after winning the game 4-0, losing 5-4 agg

thats heartbreaking
I had a thought. The Liverpool v Chelsea CL 2nd leg clash is to repeat itself on the international level. Liverpool are Scotland and Chelsea are England. A huge number of football fans supporting England become irate at the decision but didn't do the same earlier in the CL match. That would make my day.
fernando
thats heartbreaking

No it's not. :biggrin:
thats heartbreaking

Football could be cruel sometimes. :frown:
I've been told I'm fast by lots of people playing football with today...:biggrin:

Anybody play for a team - pub team, local thing, college/uni etc?
No, but I want to play football but there is no club here that applies novices. :mad:

I'm used to play football sometimes with my friends but I feel more joy to watch pro football at TV.
Today I got my ticket for Everton vs Villarreal from Goodison Park.

I waited in the queue for 6 f*cking hours.. :mad:
Everton are absolutely disgusting when it comes to things like this, the queues were horrendously unorderly, unorganised, not enough stewards there and 6 turnstiles for thousands of fans to buy tickets from.

Pissed off.
afireinside©
Today I got my ticket for Everton vs Villarreal from Goodison Park.

I waited in the queue for 6 f*cking hours.. :mad:
Everton are absolutely disgusting when it comes to things like this, the queues were horrendously unorderly, unorganised, not enough stewards there and 6 turnstiles for thousands of fans to buy tickets from.

Pissed off.

i suppose if you're not a season ticket holder you were on par with those who are
fernando
i suppose if you're not a season ticket holder you were on par with those who are

I don't think anybody appreciated being made to wait 6 hours.
If the club would have given season ticket holders until (for example) Friday to claim their ticket there would have been no need for thousands to turn up today to get a ticket.
Everton decided to put the tickets on General Sale right away, and due to this thousands of fans turned up today and were forced to wait up to 6 hours.
It would have made much more sense to allow season ticket holders (I am not a season ticket holder btw) up until Friday to claim a ticket, and then put them on General Sale, therefore satisfying all fans, as I don't think many expected the tickets would go onto General Sale right away anyway..
As a result of this pathetic organisation there was chaos today..
Everton have no made a complete u-turn (as of about 2 hours ago..) on their decision to put the tickets on General Sale, and have now given season ticket holders priority until Thursday evening.. then the tickets will return to being on General Sale..

Pathetic.
afireinside©
I don't think anybody appreciated being made to wait 6 hours.
If the club would have given season ticket holders until (for example) Friday to claim their ticket there would have been no need for thousands to turn up today to get a ticket.
Everton decided to put the tickets on General Sale right away, and due to this thousands of fans turned up today and were forced to wait up to 6 hours.
It would have made much more sense to allow season ticket holders (I am not a season ticket holder btw) up until Friday to claim a ticket, and then put them on General Sale, therefore satisfying all fans, as I don't think many expected the tickets would go onto General Sale right away anyway..
As a result of this pathetic organisation there was chaos today..
Everton have no made a complete u-turn (as of about 2 hours ago..) on their decision to put the tickets on General Sale, and have now given season ticket holders priority until Thursday evening.. then the tickets will return to being on General Sale..

Pathetic.

Screw that, where you sitting?
oblivious
Screw that, where you sitting?

Park End, row HH
i hope i can get a good place for woking v southampton tomorrow

might buy a shirt while im there
Reply 23995
Kuz
Raindance - Shall I subscribe?

Yes. It's only for a month, and if you can't be arsed with it, don't resub.

kpg
Well yeah if my aunty had *******s and all that.

He's a good player in the right environment as you said but he doesn't have the composure, intellegence or team-play to succeed under Benitez. Look at who he's signed - Morientes and Crouch. Neither are hugely prolific, neither are particularly fast but they're play is based around being quite strong, decent in the air, being quite skilfull and bringing others into play. Baros can't do that. And we won't get more than £7m, he only has a year left on his contract and hasn't had as good a season as hoped. His highest selling value was 12 months ago after he had just won the golden boot.

Aye, but he's still dangerous, and so far this preseason - he hasn't been given a crack at the whip. The one game he's played, he got a brace, and also played creator. He needs his chance, he needs to stay, and he needs someone to feed off of. I can say for sure, that this man wil not be Morientes. He really needs to pull his finger out, and I've been defending him for yonks, and to any Evertonians I'll still do so... but I'm running out of ideas. Whenever he was given the ball, he had nowhere to go. Couldn't get past his man, couldn't link, and gave away the ball - let alone link play. Nevertheless, I hope he comes good. Crouch, on the other hand, will prove to be our signing of the summer - of that I'm sure. Cisse and Crouch have clicked, I can feel it, and when they do they'll be unstoppable.

The game tonight finished 2-0 - for those who didn't know. Two late goals, and not the best of matches. It was mundane... ordinary... and we couldn't break through. The media will gladly rake it out of us, playing up whatever Townsend says, despite taking no interest in the rest of our pre-season (incidentally, we're still averaging over 3 goals pg). Crouch and Morientes will not play together in future. Too similar, looking for the same balls, ultimately unable to link. Sissoko and Hamann did their job, but there was nothing to them. Didi's not a spark player, he never has been. Sissoko, I'm glad to say, has mellowed and sorted out his tackles. Hopefully he'll learn a few tricks of the trade from Didi. Zenden looked slow, and Garcia wasteful - although he had his moments. In defense, we looked solid. Whitbred looks compused and assured on the ball, Hyypia was in command, Warnock did a job, and Finnan looked sharp. Of the players who started and finished, Sissoko, Finnan and Whitbred were the picks for me.

But there were no goals. No spark, nothing special, nothing going. A few half chances, but noone looked like they'd be a provider. It took Cisse to waken us up, and Gerrard to steer us through the gears to get us running. Cisse was a beast, definitely hungry and linked up well. His touch was generally good, his vision impressive, his shots well taken and his goal sublime. Djibril + Peter will own, and I'm not going to go into the technicalities as to why. If you've read and understood my rant thus far, you'll have made your own conclusions as to the pair already. Gerrard will be our heart, Alonso our brain.
Raindance
Cisse and Crouch have clicked, I can feel it, and when they do they'll be unstoppable.

It seems that may be our best combination upfront. Cisse looked sharp.

The game tonight finished 2-0 - for those who didn't know. Two late goals, and not the best of matches. It was mundane... ordinary... and we couldn't break through. The media will gladly rake it out of us, playing up whatever Townsend says, despite taking no interest in the rest of our pre-season (incidentally, we're still averaging over 3 goals pg). Crouch and Morientes will not play together in future. Too similar, looking for the same balls, ultimately unable to link.
I agree.

Sissoko and Hamann did their job, but there was nothing to them. Didi's not a spark player, he never has been. Sissoko, I'm glad to say, has mellowed and sorted out his tackles. Hopefully he'll learn a few tricks of the trade from Didi. Zenden looked slow, and Garcia wasteful - although he had his moments.

What do you think our best midfield is? I'm unsure about Garcia on the right - tends to cut inside too much. Presumably, Alonso and Gerrard would occupy the middle, but if we're to play with Crouch, you need wingers who can cross several quality balls per game. Do you think he can do this? His best position seems to be playing just behind the striker(s) as he showed with his assist for Cisse's goal, but that would probably mean being forced to play with a lone striker, which I think is too limiting.

In defense, we looked solid. Whitbred looks compused and assured on the ball, Hyypia was in command, Warnock did a job, and Finnan looked sharp. Of the players who started and finished, Sissoko, Finnan and Whitbred were the picks for me.
With such a long season ahead of us, I think a we lack quality centreback cover (concerned about the ageing Hyypia). If Carragher were to sustain an injury, we'd be pretty screwed imo - I've never been a fan of Traore..
Reply 23997
endeavour
What do you think our best midfield is? I'm unsure about Garcia on the right - tends to cut inside too much. Presumably, Alonso and Gerrard would occupy the middle, but if we're to play with Crouch, you need wingers who can cross several quality balls per game. Do you think he can do this? His best position seems to be playing just behind the striker(s) as he showed with his assist for Cisse's goal, but that would probably mean being forced to play with a lone striker, which I think is too limiting.

I'm really having problems with Garcia on the right. He's lightweight, can't cross, hasn't much pace, and gives the ball away far too easily. If he's to have a role, it should be in the pocket given room to roam. Agreed, we need wingers with a bit of guile and vision.

Alonso and Gerrard will make an amazing partnership - if they keep themselves in check. Gaping holes in midfield aren't a good thing, especially considering the pace (or lack thereof) at the back. I hope a holding midfielder isn't the answer, as we can't afford to lose a defender or striker. I suppose our best midfield, if they were up for it would be: Kewell - Alonso - Gerrard - ___. We're in desperate need of a RW, and if Kewell got back to his peak - we'd be unstoppable.

With such a long season ahead of us, I think a we lack quality centreback cover (concerned about the ageing Hyypia). If Carragher were to sustain an injury, we'd be pretty screwed imo - I've never been a fan of Traore..
I agree, CH is a big priority. Sami isn't getting any younger, even Carra won't play every game, Traore's a liability and injured as it is, and Whitbred's still relatively inexperienced - although I have high hopes for him. Many names have been touted, speculation uncomfirmed, whatever. I think Metzelder of Dortmund could be well worth looking at. Andrade perhaps, but I doubt he'd hack the Premiership. Upson isn't my cup of tea. Chelsea won't sell Gallas. Militio's signed new contract. Ibanez, although talented, is about as fast as Cisse's little finger. We'll have to wait and see what happens.
Reply 23999
Ronaldinho_88
You hurt my feelings now, Kuz! :mad:

Booooo.....rude.... :viking:

its a compliment

Latest