Highbury is the smallest pitch in the premiership
ChelseaBabe
Cech
Ferriera (sp) Gallas Terry Del horno
Gudders Makelele Lampard
Duff Drogba Robben

crespo SWP are amongst the subs for Chelski :biggrin:
Jose playing his usuall 4-3-3

Looking good then. Cant see any of those names posing any real threat to Wigan.
Economist
Copied off another forum...

Arsenal - 110 x 71 yards
Birmingham City - 115 x 75 yards
Blackburn Rovers - 115 x 76 yards
Charlton Athletic - 112 x 73 yards
Chelsea - 113 x 74 yards
Everton - 112 x 78 yards
Leeds United - 117 x 76 yards
Liverpool - 110 x 75 yards
Manchester City - 116.5 x 78 yards
Manchester United - 116 x 76 yards
Middlesbrough - 115 x 75 yards
Newcastle United - 110 x 73 yards
Southampton - 112 x 74 yards
Sunderland - 115 x 75 yards
Tottenham Hotspur - 110 x 73 yards
West Bromwich Albion - 115 x 74 yards
West Ham United - 112 x 72 yards

Highbury is the smallest pitch in the premiership

But why the size difference?? A bit silly if you ask me, not that anybody is. I always thought that pitches looked bigger or smaller when watching a match, but thought it was in my head.

On another note:
Wigans total player worth = 7.7 million
Chelsea total player worth = 119.8 million :eek:
What annoys me about the reffing so far is the complete inconsistency of it all. Campo's tackle yesterdee was worse than Jenas', yet he didn't even get a yellow for it.
I've put £100 on the first player to be booked to be a Wigan player. Come on.
JoeFen
What annoys me about the reffing so far is the complete inconsistency of it all. Campo's tackle yesterdee was worse than Jenas', yet he didn't even get a yellow for it.

I hvae to agrre with you. Some refs are far more lenient (sp i have a had a glas or two or three of wine) than others. :biggrin:
goldenbarnes
I've put £100 on the first player to be booked to be a Wigan player. Come on.

Why???? :confused:
ChelseaBabe
I hvae to agrre with you. Some refs are far more lenient (sp i have a had a glas or two or three of wine) than others. :biggrin:

Nothing wrong with drinking whilst on the computer. Just look out for your keyboard though :wink:
ChelseaBabe
Why???? :confused:

Why not? I won £250 yesterday with both Man Utd and Charlton winning.
JoeFen
Nothing wrong with drinking whilst on the computer. Just look out for your keyboard though :wink:

Keyboard is fine, tis me I am worrying about.

Barnsy hunny, was that real pennies and when are you taking me out?? :biggrin:
ChelseaBabe
But why the size difference?? A bit silly if you ask me, not that anybody is. I always thought that pitches looked bigger or smaller when watching a match, but thought it was in my head.

On another note:
Wigans total player worth = 7.7 million
Chelsea total player worth = 119.8 million :eek:

the size of the pitch has to stay the same throughout the season when the club submit the ground details
but the size of the pitch can change according to the ground due to planning permission etc.

if you remember keegan joked about changing the width to eliminate man u's wide play and SAF had a moan
fernando
the size of the pitch has to stay the same throughout the season when the club submit the ground details
but the size of the pitch can change according to the ground due to planning permission etc.

if you remember keegan joked about changing the width to eliminate man u's wide play and SAF had a moan

MMMmmnn.... think I need to start a campaign to have all pitch sizes the same. I just know that if a team play Chelsea and their home pitch is smaller they will add that to the list of complaints of why Chelsea won.
ChelseaBabe
MMMmmnn.... think I need to start a campaign to have all pitch sizes the same. I just know that if a team play Chelsea and their home pitch is smaller they will add that to the list of complaints of why Chelsea won.

Or Mourinho will use it as an excuse as to why they didn't win.

That and the opposition playing boring football (p.s. I'm being ironic)
Reply 25173
ChelseaBabe

It's the way stadiums are built and maintained. I think only Old Trafford, St James Park and the City of Manchester Stadium are the ones that come upto UEFA regulations to host a European final (UEFA cup or CL final) - the rest are too small. Infact Highbury's pitch is so small that international games can't even be hosted there (I think). I remember reading about how Shankly preferred the size of the Anfield pitch so it was easier to play the pass & move football we adopted.
JoeFen
Or Mourinho will use it as an excuse as to why they didn't win.

That and the opposition playing boring football (p.s. I'm being ironic)

I hate those boring defensive matches, Liverpool play those when they play Chelsea and who can blame them really. :wink: :biggrin:
So says the team who won the majority of their games last season by pumping it upfield to Drogba and then waiting for Lumpard and co. to chug up the field.
JoeFen
So says the team who won the majority of their games last season by pumping it upfield to Drogba and then waiting for Lumpard and co. to chug up the field.

It worked didn't it??!!! LOL
Anyone Joe are you going to be joining our FPL. Looky in the predictions sub forum atache to sports obviously and see what you think. :biggrin:
You can tel Wigan were in the championship last season, the footy they are playing is soo different from premier league football. Chelsea havent settled in yet to their style.
ChelseaBabe
It worked didn't it??!!! LOL
Anyone Joe are you going to be joining our FPL. Looky in the predictions sub forum atache to sports obviously and see what you think. :biggrin:

Yep, you should have perhaps altered it for the CL though.

I'll have a glance at it.
JoeFen
Yep, you should have perhaps altered it for the CL though.

I'll have a glance at it.

:confused: :confused:

Latest