The Student Room Group
Chelsea can loan us Carvalho since Pistone is injured *cries*
oblivious
Chelsea can loan us Carvalho since Pistone is injured *cries*

you can have Steven Watt if you like, promising youth player etc.
fernando
you can have Steven Watt if you like, promising youth player etc.

How about Scott Sinclair?
oblivious
How about Scott Sinclair?

hes a striker, so unless bents injured you dont need him
fernando
how is ball to hand rubbish? many times the ball hits the arm where the player doesnt get a chance to move it (like wigan v chelsea - wigan defenders hand was hit by ball, no intention of player purposely hitting it) or if the ball hits the arm by the side of the body (which would make no difference)

Just like Senderos last season when a penalty was given. I'm sure he had no intention of hitting the ball with his hand especially since he was facing the other way but that doesnt mean that it wasnt a penalty.

The Lampard incident was different though. It wasnt as if someone belted the ball and it hit him on the arm, it was his poor control which resulted in the ball hitting his arm.
fernando
hes a striker, so unless bents injured you dont need him

well erm, Mcfadden is crap! does that count?
Drogba is one horrible, horrible man.
NDGAARONDI
Ball to hand is not hand ball. I wish these football fans actually know what the rules of the game here. I don't remember Andy Gray mentioning a hand ball by Lampard, thought he said ball to hand.

And we all know Andy Gray is a quality, objective pundit.
Reply 25828
Don't bother arguing with them!
At the end of the day, for Chelsea, who I assume will win the league this season, the class of football they play is in no way excellent, classy, or world-class like two seasons ago when we won the league unbeaten. Their attack is severely lacking, and I can't see them beating European defensive powerhouses such as AC and Juve, or even their defence with standing the sheer goal-scoring power of Real. Chelsea are sloppy, they don't really show class they seem to have more luck on their side than class.
Kills me to say it, but Utd have more class and passion in their football. When Utd play us they really bring everything to the table agression (some sheer down right cheating) but also great football!!!! (God I'm gonna kill myself after saying this)

In conclusion Chelsea are not world class!!!!!
Economist
Just like Senderos last season when a penalty was given. I'm sure he had no intention of hitting the ball with his hand especially since he was facing the other way but that doesnt mean that it wasnt a penalty.

The Lampard incident was different though. It wasnt as if someone belted the ball and it hit him on the arm, it was his poor control which resulted in the ball hitting his arm.

I agree. You can't hide behind "ball to hand" all the time. Usually if arms are raised and it's "ball to hand", a penalty is awarded especially if a goal scoring opportunity is prevented. Similarly if a player was lying on the floor, arms outstretched and the ball 'hit his arm', would that not be handball (like Henchoz in the Lpool - Arsenal FA Cup final) ?
Lol @ Andy Coles face when he scored! :rofl:
hahaha and Mourinho when there was a streaker on the pitch!
Look at this attachment! Souness starring in his first movie
Reply 25833
A big congratulations to the sunderland fans who decided to sing some wonderful and witty songs at Anfield on Saturday...

1. "Who are ya" - we're the champions of europe (as we said), 18 time league champions and the most succesful side the english game has ever seen.

2. "champions league yer having a laff" - I hope this was a pisstake because it fathoms belief how a set of supporters can be so daft singing a song so poor at the EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS who recently lifted their FITFH european cup and yes, on the way to winning one of the competition's greatest ever finals, had a very big ****ing laugh all the way through.
afireinside©
hahaha and Mourinho when there was a streaker on the pitch!

lol. i found that funny too, i thought stamford bridges security was stepped up
Still top! :p:
theaman
Still top! :p:

ah but next saturday you face the champions

i predict 1-0 to the champs
fernando
ref blows whistle for Drogba hand ball when it hit him in the face

Crespo and/or Robben given offside in the Community Shield when they blatantly weren't which could have killed the game off at 3-0 rather than 2-1 etc. Chelsea also had some bad luck last year too.

Oh and those Arsenal fans complaining the lack of a penalty, Chelsea were denied one against Arsenal a few years ago (foul on Zola) so :p:

By the way, the Chelsea reject (aka Ashley Cole) escaped a possible red card for his 'tackle' although I felt a yellow sufficed. I see Arsenal's discipline depleted towards the end.
Reply 25838
kpg
A big congratulations to the sunderland fans who decided to sing some wonderful and witty songs at Anfield on Saturday...

1. "Who are ya" - we're the champions of europe (as we said), 18 time league champions and the most succesful side the english game has ever seen.

You've still never won the prem and struggle to show brilliance in your own league!!!!
fernando

i predict 1-0 to the champs

it doesn't take a genius to make that prediction!

Latest