The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
El Stevo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
actually, going into the crowd is a booking by definition. so whats wrong with that, other than him being a numpty?
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by El Chueco)
actually, going into the crowd is a booking by definition. so whats wrong with that, other than him being a numpty?
*growls and glares at chewy*
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
I think refs need to sit down and discuss the rules with each other and make a decision to be consistent. It's getting stupid, some things some refs let lie and others hand out cards like they are sweeties.
there are some completely ridiculous rules out there - like having to wait to come on after recieving treatment, just means the team are without one of their players.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
*growls and glares at chewy*
:talkhand:
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
bit unfair for the fans though, who travelled hours and spent a fair bit of money to get to Sunderland, probably taking a day off from work, to see their team play, only to end up shouting at the ref for a rubbish excuse for a booking (and sending off) instead of celebrating an excellent goal which gives their team the lead
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It is silly!! I mean the fans were happy to see him. Its not like he did a Jose and tols the opposing fans to shh.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Referee a disgrace in that game.
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
its silly - it sucks majorly. but its in the rules. which makes it law.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The rules seriously need looking over..
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Would you say that if it was one of your team that had been sent off?? Nah I didnt think so hun.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
its also the law not to beat your doormat after 8am - do you think that should be punishable?
evilheat
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Rediculos of the ref to send off Robben for celebrating that goal. It's idiotic rules such as players not being allowed to celebrate with the fans that ruin football. I was furious and I don't even support Chelsea.

Anyway, for those of you without Sky, a great way to watch football (including the Premiership) is ********************
Sorry if this has already been mentioned!
El Stevo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Cindy)
Would you say that if it was one of your team that had been sent off?? Nah I didnt think so hun.
i'd like to say i would. but i'd prolly add the rules need changing and make a lot of ado about it
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by evilheat)
Rediculos of the ref to send off Robben for celebrating that goal. It's idiotic rules such as players not being allowed to celebrate with the fans that ruin football. I was furious and I don't even support Chelsea.

Anyway, for those of you without Sky, a great way to watch football (including the Premiership) is ********************
Sorry if this has already been mentioned!
Your post has been edited due to advertising. Please do not do this again or you will be warned.
fernando
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
not sure what i make of the law according to sky - says leaving the field of play is not bookable as long as he comes back on immediately - he wasnt out there too long
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
not sure what i make of the law according to sky - says leaving the field of play is not bookable as long as he comes back on immediately - he wasnt out there too long
Seconds not minutes he was gone. I could have understood if he was time wasting. Oh well it's done now and we can't change it.
jamlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
there are some completely ridiculous rules out there - like having to wait to come on after recieving treatment, just means the team are without one of their players.
But if you let the player on any old time, then he can gain an advantage, cos the opposition won't necessarily have noticed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dan)
The rules seriously need looking over..
Yes they do, which include:

Offside interpretation
Last man
Goal celebrations
Leaving field for head injury
Only 5 subs on the bench

Err....

Remember the limit that goalkeepers once had after catching the ball?

--------------

its also the law not to beat your doormat after 8am - do you think that should be punishable?
According to Parliament, the day of Easter is set under The Easter Act 1928 but was never enforced. :rofl:
filastini
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Another scrappy Chelsick victory.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=8751758224 :eek:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (118)
19.7%
Labour (302)
50.42%
Liberal Democrats (79)
13.19%
Green Party (30)
5.01%
Brexit Party (7)
1.17%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.5%
SNP (13)
2.17%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)