The Student Room Group
actually, going into the crowd is a booking by definition. so whats wrong with that, other than him being a numpty?
El Chueco
actually, going into the crowd is a booking by definition. so whats wrong with that, other than him being a numpty?

*growls and glares at chewy*
Cindy
I think refs need to sit down and discuss the rules with each other and make a decision to be consistent. It's getting stupid, some things some refs let lie and others hand out cards like they are sweeties.

there are some completely ridiculous rules out there - like having to wait to come on after recieving treatment, just means the team are without one of their players.
Cindy
*growls and glares at chewy*
:talkhand:
El Chueco

bit unfair for the fans though, who travelled hours and spent a fair bit of money to get to Sunderland, probably taking a day off from work, to see their team play, only to end up shouting at the ref for a rubbish excuse for a booking (and sending off) instead of celebrating an excellent goal which gives their team the lead
It is silly!! I mean the fans were happy to see him. Its not like he did a Jose and tols the opposing fans to shh.
Referee a disgrace in that game.
its silly - it sucks majorly. but its in the rules. which makes it law.
The rules seriously need looking over..
El Chueco

Would you say that if it was one of your team that had been sent off?? Nah I didnt think so hun.
El Chueco

its also the law not to beat your doormat after 8am - do you think that should be punishable?
Rediculos of the ref to send off Robben for celebrating that goal. It's idiotic rules such as players not being allowed to celebrate with the fans that ruin football. I was furious and I don't even support Chelsea.

Anyway, for those of you without Sky, a great way to watch football (including the Premiership) is ********************
Sorry if this has already been mentioned!
Cindy
Would you say that if it was one of your team that had been sent off?? Nah I didnt think so hun.

i'd like to say i would. but i'd prolly add the rules need changing :smile: and make a lot of ado about it:smile:
evilheat
Rediculos of the ref to send off Robben for celebrating that goal. It's idiotic rules such as players not being allowed to celebrate with the fans that ruin football. I was furious and I don't even support Chelsea.

Anyway, for those of you without Sky, a great way to watch football (including the Premiership) is ********************
Sorry if this has already been mentioned!

Your post has been edited due to advertising. Please do not do this again or you will be warned.
not sure what i make of the law according to sky - says leaving the field of play is not bookable as long as he comes back on immediately - he wasnt out there too long
fernando
not sure what i make of the law according to sky - says leaving the field of play is not bookable as long as he comes back on immediately - he wasnt out there too long

Seconds not minutes he was gone. I could have understood if he was time wasting. Oh well it's done now and we can't change it.
fernando
there are some completely ridiculous rules out there - like having to wait to come on after recieving treatment, just means the team are without one of their players.
But if you let the player on any old time, then he can gain an advantage, cos the opposition won't necessarily have noticed.
dan
The rules seriously need looking over..

Yes they do, which include:

Offside interpretation
Last man
Goal celebrations
Leaving field for head injury
Only 5 subs on the bench

Err....

Remember the limit that goalkeepers once had after catching the ball?

--------------

fernando
its also the law not to beat your doormat after 8am - do you think that should be punishable?

According to Parliament, the day of Easter is set under The Easter Act 1928 but was never enforced. :rofl:
Another scrappy Chelsick victory.

Latest