The Student Room Group
Roberto Carlos going the other way.....
God knows how he done it, but now he's passed his medical and is now officialy a Real Madrid player, I just can't believe it - a Boro lad playing for Real Madrid. I used to see him round the town! Unbelievable (in a good sense).
Asif keeping a clean sheet against the best team in the world wouldn't have been hard enough already......Boro's back four all go and injure themselves - that's right - our entire back four is out injured.

Bollocks :frown:

Arsenal are gonna rip us to shreds.
goldenbarnes
Asif keeping a clean sheet against the best team in the world wouldn't have been hard enough already......Boro's back four all go and injure themselves - that's right - our entire back four is out injured.

at least now you've got a reason for getting kicked :rolleyes:
goldenbarnes

goldenbarnes
As if keeping a clean sheet against the best team in the world wouldn't have been hard enough already......Boro's back four all go and injure themselves - that's right - our entire back four is out injured.

Damn, that is not good! :eek:
Better re-do my predictions then.
Reply 4867
How can Woodgate be worth 13.4 million pounds, and Owen only 8 million. :confused: Just shows what a snip of a deal Real got.
Reply 4868
Xenon
How can Woodgate be worth 13.4 million pounds, and Owen only 8 million. :confused: Just shows what a snip of a deal Real got.

Because Owen only had a year left on his contract, and Woodgate had... more than a year.
Xenon

no - owen 8 million? its 8 million + player
Reply 4870
Kily Gonzalez to Spurs?

I wonder if this is going to be the next big deal of this transfer window.
theaman
Kily Gonzalez to Spurs?

I wonder if this is going to be the next big deal of this transfer window.

bah..i havent heard this :confused:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/3584254.stm

ok Forlan goes to Villareal, so Man U only has Smith upfront, with RVN and Saha out?
Reply 4872
TheWolf

It's a possibility, along with Michael Carrick, Steve Finnan and a French defender.
TheWolf

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/3584254.stm

ok Forlan goes to Villareal, so Man U only has Smith upfront, with RVN and Saha out?

Saha should be back next week.
And Ronaldo may make a shock appearance against Norwich!! :biggrin:
This lad saw Gaizka Mendieta in B&Q yesterday complaining about the prices of bathrooms - stormed out without buying one. Quite interesting, I thought.

On reflection, having the back 4 out won't be that bad - we do afterall have the best defence in the country and also have a really deep squad, so our replacements aren't half bad either. Could keep a clean sheet.

Parnaby Riggott Cooper Zenden

.......okay, okay, I'm kidding myself - Arsenal to hit double figures anyone?
Zapsta
Because Owen only had a year left on his contract, and Woodgate had... more than a year.

Still seems like idiocy to let a player of Woodgates quality go so easily, especially with the defensive incapabailities that are inherent at Newcastle - Although player power dictates in these times the board seem to have done little to try and keep him. The fee is reasonable though.
George-W-Duck
especially with the defensive incapabailities that are inherent at Newcastle

Newcastle don't have defensive incapabilities - they have one of the best defences in the league. But losing Woodgate will be a blow. He's a Boro lad! Playing for Real Madrid! I've shook his hand in a local bar and now he's playing in the Bernabeu! Still can't believe it.
guess all those newcastle fans will just have to pray that titus does alright :tongue: oh dear
Reply 4878
Spurs have agreed a deal to sign Michael Carrick, subject to a medical being passed.

According to Arnesen, he can play left or right, as well as in the centre, so could prove to be yet another good addition to the current suqad of players.
Reply 4879
piginapoke
This Southampton-Blackburn game is a dull as ditchwater and the quality of football rubbish! Luckily I have 20 notes on Southampton.

Still finished 3-2 - so a few goals - and you cashed in with your notes! :biggrin:

Latest