The Student Room Group
They'll just get Michael Dawson probably. Not that that would be all that bad, just not what the fans were expecting.

They should go for Bonera or Demichelis. Anyway no, what am I saying? They should go for Pascal Cygan or Frank Sinclair - would suit Titus Bramble perfectly.....
Reply 5001
Spurs have apparently called a press conference for tomorrow, possibly to unveil Paramot and Carrick.

There are rumours of other signings being made, but I don't think there will be at the moment, though there may well be before the close of the transfer window.
Reply 5002
theaman
Spurs have apparently called a press conference for tomorrow, possibly to unveil Paramot and Carrick.

There are rumours of other signings being made, but I don't think there will be at the moment, though there may well be before the close of the transfer window.

Figo, Ronaldo, Pedersen.
Zapsta
Well considering that Madrid brought Woodgate in because they couldn't get Cannavaro, and that Juve are now interested in him, I really can't see that happening. Boumsong, possibly. Don't see why he didn't come to England in the first place to be honest.

Hector Cuper has already announced they'd listen to bids of £4M for Cannavaro. Juve probably won't be interested as they're tracking Bonera.
Reply 5004
goldenbarnes
They'll just get Michael Dawson probably. Not that that would be all that bad, just not what the fans were expecting.

They should go for Bonera or Demichelis. Anyway no, what am I saying? They should go for Pascal Cygan or Frank Sinclair - would suit Titus Bramble perfectly.....

Liverpool had a £7 million bid for Dawson rejected last season, and Spurs also bid for him too, in a double bid along with Andy Reid, so it looks like Forest want to keep him.

And I think Bramble will improve for Newcastle, considering he was good at Ipswich, anyway.
Reply 5005
Zapsta
Figo, Ronaldo, Pedersen.

LOL. :biggrin:

Not sure we'll sign Pedersen! :tongue: :biggrin:
Reply 5006
theaman
LOL. :biggrin:

Not sure we'll sign Pedersen! :tongue: :biggrin:

Heh, those are just the three that have been most strongly linked. I predict two of them :biggrin:
Reply 5007
Zapsta
Heh, those are just the three that have been most strongly linked. I predict two of them :biggrin:

And who might those two be? :biggrin:
theaman
Liverpool had a £7 million bid for Dawson rejected last season, and Spurs also bid for him too, in a double bid along with Andy Reid, so it looks like Forest want to keep him.

And I think Bramble will improve for Newcastle, considering he was good at Ipswich, anyway.

I wouldn't say it was Forest wanting to keep him, more Paul Hart wanting to keep him. Hart had worked with him (and the rest of the young Forest starlets) all their short football careers and wanted to nurture him even more. When he sold Jenas for £5M he said it was because he thought he was ready for that big a move, nothing to do with the money, and just wanted to see JJ do well. He said at that time he wouldn't let Andy Reid go because he wasn't ready - I expect his rejection of the previous Dawson bid to be for the same reason. Something tells me Joe Kinnear wouldn't be too keen on rejecting a £7M bid for a defender, however good.
Reply 5009
theaman
And who might those two be? :biggrin:

Any two :tongue:, probably not Figo AND Ronaldo though... :smile:
Zapsta
Any two :tongue:, probably not Figo AND Ronaldo though... :smile:

lol! :smile:
Barcelona are looking excellent pre-season! :biggrin:
Last 7 games have been clean sheets.
And they have recently won the catalan cup beating Espanyol 2-0.
With a wicked goal from new signing Deco and a peach of a freekick from the man himself Ronaldinho.

They start the new season on sunday against Racing Santander with very high hopes for the season.

Barca for everything!
Come on you Barca! :biggrin:
Reply 5012
mc_watson87
Barcelona are looking excellent pre-season! :biggrin:
Last 7 games have been clean sheets.
And they have recently won the catalan cup beating Espanyol 2-0.
With a wicked goal from new signing Deco and a peach of a freekick from the man himself Ronaldinho.

They start the new season on sunday against Racing Santander with very high hopes for the season.

Barca for everything!
Come on you Barca! :biggrin:

I tipped Barcalona to win CL this season.. but the might of Arsenal might prevail...lets wait and see ppl!
Kuz
I tipped Barcalona to win CL this season.. but the might of Arsenal might prevail...lets wait and see ppl!

Yeah same.

Barca vs Arse would be a wicked match! :biggrin:
Reply 5014
mc_watson87
Yeah same.

Barca vs Arse would be a wicked match! :biggrin:

Lets not say anything yet because last years CL is still nothing but a mystery to me!
Reply 5015
Prem match of the season will be Liverpool/Arsenal :smile:
Reply 5016
Zapsta

Why do you say that?
Reply 5017
Zapsta

Prem match of the season has jus pasted on sunday..I tip Boro for a very high league finsh this year
Reply 5018
Kuz
Prem match of the season has jus pasted on sunday..I tip Boro for a very high league finsh this year

I think they need Ehiogu and Southgate back in their defence! :biggrin:
Reply 5019
theaman
I think they need Ehiogu and Southgate back in their defence! :biggrin:

Are you being sarcastic, both of them especially old gazza are waaay past it :smile:

Latest