The Student Room Group
Reply 5240
goldenbarnes
No, because Australia have never been to the World Cup (recently).

Is Kiely his country's consistent first choice?

yes, after Given
Best GK in the world:

1. Buffon
2. Kahn
3. Abondanzieri
4. Cech
5. Casillas
6. Cudicini
7. Hildebrand
8. Rustu
9. Dida
10. Westerveld
(psst - Juventus have signed Cannavaro)
Reply 5243
the kiely situation is the same as cudicini.

great keepers but cant make it first choice for their countries due to a better keeper.
Reply 5244
Real Madrid play their first league match tomorrow (well today, since it's past midnight). It'll be interesting to see how Owen and Woodgate, if they play will do. People are saying that Owen will probably play tomorrow. Also, what'll be interesting will be the link-up play between Beckham and Owen, cos they play together for England.
Reply 5245
goldenbarnes
Best GK in the world:

1. Buffon
2. Kahn
3. Abondanzieri
4. Cech
5. Casillas
6. Cudicini
7. Hildebrand
8. Rustu
9. Dida
10. Westerveld

Toldo is better than Rustu easily.
Reply 5246
chats
best in world (in no particular order)

1) Kiely
2) Buffon
3) Canizares
4) Kahn
5) Barthez (no longer a clown)
6) Casillas
7) Cech
8) Ricardo???
9) Dida????
10) Sorenson???

worst in the world

1) Lehmann

Hell No! Barthez is still a clown, and Lehmann maybe crazy but he aint that crazy
Reply 5247
Early days and all that but utd 12th would you have ever have believed it.
goldenbarnes
Brad Friedel's saves - if any of them went in it would have been poor goalkeeping............? I think so - nothing that spectacular in my opinion.

It really gets my goat when commentators wax lyrical about a save when the effort was straight at the keeper - as you say had he conceded any of the shots he saved against united hed have been pilloried for a poor display. How can a save be any good if, to not make it, would have been a mistake?
Xenon
Real Madrid play their first league match tomorrow (well today, since it's past midnight). It'll be interesting to see how Owen and Woodgate, if they play will do. People are saying that Owen will probably play tomorrow. Also, what'll be interesting will be the link-up play between Beckham and Owen, cos they play together for England.

Woodgate and Samuel are both injured, which is unlucky.

jumpunderaboat
Toldo is better than Rustu easily.

Toldo is too inconsistent in my opinion, but I admit, on his day he's as good as any.

an Siarach
How can a save be any good if, to not make it, would have been a mistake?

Finally - someone else with their head screwed on. And
Linking in with Barthez - people used to say his saves were amazing, but only because he could have stood up, sidestepped and plucked it from the air, yet he chose to do a back flip sideways and punch it away instead.
Reply 5250
goldenbarnes

Linking in with Barthez - people used to say his saves were amazing, but only because he could have stood up, sidestepped and plucked it from the air, yet he chose to do a back flip sideways and punch it away instead.

You gotta style it a bit :biggrin:
chats
You gotta style it a bit :biggrin:

Style? Like his hair style?

Anyway, you've got to give him a lot of respect - he kept Bernard Llama out of the national team....
Reply 5252
well done bolton great performance! played much better then some certain teams yesterday
Reply 5253
chats
well done bolton great performance! played much better then some certain teams yesterday

Who would they be?
Reply 5254
Kuz
Who would they be?

charlton and another team from around the tyne area
mockel
what's this whole spoonsucking thing about?

chats sucks spoooooons

Who do Man Utd play tomorrow? I think I might get myself up to go and watch it, nice bank holiday afternoon in le pub.
Reply 5258
mockel
what's this whole spoonsucking thing about?

thats what i want to know :confused:
chats
man utd got everton, you still aint explained what that means

What do you think it means?

YOU

SUCK

SPOOOOONS!

Latest