The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just thought I'd come on here and congratulate Palace on a good performance and a well-deserved win Hopefully there will be many more to come!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Just thought I'd come on here and congratulate Palace on a good performance and a well-deserved win Hopefully there will be many more to come!
Yes. And unlucky about Sunday
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Manchester United's plc board on Monday morning confirmed that they have received a "preliminary approach'' regarding a "possible offer'' for the company.

The news follows increased speculation that billionaire Malcolm Glazer is planning to meet United chief executive David Gill later this month with a view to discussing a possible takeover.

United's plc board released a statement on the Stock Exchange which read:

"The board of Manchester United plc (the company) notes the recent press speculation. It confirms that it has received a preliminary approach regarding a possible offer for the company. This approach contains a number of significant conditions.

"The company is seeking clarification of this proposal and at this stage it is unclear whether any offer will be made.

"The board will make a further announcement if appropriate."
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
NOOOO!! :mad:
Arsenal are constructing what looks to be a wonderful stadium, BUT it seems that it will be called The Emirates Stadium :mad: that's such a sh*t name.....why can't they just call it Ashburton Grove (probably because Emiraets are playing a huge part in the deal, but it will just sound crap)

Details here
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
NOOOO!! :mad:
Arsenal are constructing what looks to be a wonderful stadium, BUT it seems that it will be called The Emirates Stadium :mad: that's such a sh*t name.....why can't they just call it Ashburton Grove (probably because Emiraets are playing a huge part in the deal, but it will just sound crap)

Details here
What a crap name.

Ashburton grove sounded good and so did Highbury 2.

well theyve made 100million out of it, and it is only a name after all.

arsenal vs chelsea at emirates stadium, arsenal, chelsea, referee and stadium all sponsered by emirates. WOW!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
What a crap name.

Ashburton grove sounded good and so did Highbury 2.

well theyve made 100million out of it, and it is only a name after all.

arsenal vs chelsea at emirates stadium, arsenal, chelsea, referee and stadium all sponsered by emirates. WOW!
yep, ashburton grove is no bernabau (for the name), but it's good enough.....and when you think about the names itself, it puts fear into the minds of opponents- i mean think about it, coming to highbury sounded like a daunting task, but now you'll be coming to the Emirates Stadium :rolleyes:
oh well, as you said, it's only a name, and plus we get loads of money for the deal
will chelsea still be sponsered by Emirates in 2006/07? cos that's when arsenal's deal with O2 runs out
vavavoom86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yep, ashburton grove is no bernabau (for the name), but it's good enough.....and when you think about the names itself, it puts fear into the minds of opponents- i mean think about it, coming to highbury sounded like a daunting task, but now you'll be coming to the Emirates Stadium :rolleyes:
oh well, as you said, it's only a name, and plus we get loads of money for the deal
will chelsea still be sponsered by Emirates in 2006/07? cos that's when arsenal's deal with O2 runs out
emirates sounds good for me. but perhaps it should be called emirates park or emirates arsenal. thats much cooler than just staduim.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vavavoom86)
emirates sounds good for me. but perhaps it should be called emirates park or emirates arsenal. thats much cooler than just staduim.
emirates arsenal sounds okay, but not for the stadium, only for the team name (like woolwich arsenal)
emirates park- doesn't sound quite right....it would have just been better as ashburton grove
vavavoom86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
it would have just been better as ashburton grove
why ashburton? i dont get it. :confused:
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vavavoom86)
why ashburton? i dont get it. :confused:
that's the actual location- ashburton grove
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Chelsea will be sponsored by O2 instead
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
as you said, it's only a name, and plus we get loads of money for the deal
no.

chelsea will be sponsered by fly emirates
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Chelsea will be sponsored by O2 instead
are you being serious, or is that a joke?
like i said so shushi in another thread, i really can't tell the difference between sincerity and sarcasm sometimes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
no.

chelsea will be sponsered by fly emirates
:rolleyes: will chelsea be sponsered by fly emirates in the 06/07 season?
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
:rolleyes: will chelsea be sponsered by fly emirates in the 06/07 season?
possibly, i reckon everyone will be sponsered by them in 2012, and it will be called the emirates premier league
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
possibly, i reckon everyone will be sponsered by them in 2012, and it will be called the emirates premier league
lol, that would be something
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
are you being serious, or is that a joke?
Well I don't know if they are going to sponser Chelsea instead but it could happen. So I was kinda joking
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Well I don't know if they are going to sponser Chelsea instead but it could happen. So I was kinda joking
oh right (that might have been bugging me for a while if you hadn't cleared it up!)
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
oh right (that might have been bugging me for a while if you hadn't cleared it up!)
For all you know I could be one of Roman's underlings
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So we got Lazio, Villareal (last season's smei finalists), Partizan Belgrade and Elglalalooeleleo in the UEFA Cup.

Should be k-k-k-k-k-k-k-k-k-k-quality.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (160)
19.37%
Labour (420)
50.85%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.44%
Green Party (46)
5.57%
Brexit Party (12)
1.45%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.48%
SNP (14)
1.69%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)