The Student Room Group
Reply 7220
~Sam~
Oh be quiet. You lost to Portsmouth.

:biggrin: is it getting to you? awww...
Reply 7221
Misbah Imtiaz
:biggrin: is it getting to you? awww...

Hey, I'm not worried. There's still plenty of time left! Unlike in the United game. Where you lost. 2-0. Remember that? :tongue:
Reply 7222
heh
CMON YOU REDS

one nil down,
2-1 up,
mikey owen won the cup :wink:
Reply 7223
hihihihi
heh
CMON YOU REDS

one nil down,
2-1 up,
mikey owen won the cup :wink:

:biggrin:
Except we're not 1-0 down, this isn't a cup match and Mikey has left us now :frown:

That was a great day though!
4-1 to chelsea today level on points with arsenal now :biggrin: gr8!
:frown:

Nasty nasty nasty nasty injury to Cisse.

Nasty.
Reply 7226
poor cisse. its not looking good for him :frown:
Reply 7227
goldenbarnes

Nasty.

what actually happened? i'm listening to five live
Reply 7228
goldenbarnes

Nasty.

What happened. I'm not watching it. Apparently we're playing crap. But Garcia has just come on!
Reply 7229
I heard it might be broken?! We akready have a serious striker shortage as it is!
Reply 7230
~Sam~
What happened. I'm not watching it. Apparently we're playing crap. But Garcia has just come on!

wooo, garcia is great. but thats really bad for cisse, sounds like a broken leg/ankle :frown:
~Sam~
I heard it might be broken?! We akready have a serious striker shortage as it is!

Might be?!

Shades of Nilis and Buust.....
Reply 7232
What is it with Blackburn breaking our players? They did it to Carra and Baros last seaon and now Cisse!
Reply 7233
I'm off now anyway. COME ON LIVERPOOL!
Reply 7234
~Sam~
I'm off now anyway. COME ON LIVERPOOL!

see you later.
Reply 7235
2 - 1!!!!! what?!!!!! oh liverpool shame on you!!! :frown:
cmon liverpool! :eek:
Reply 7237
2-2 :frown: Poor result, we should have won this one easily. Our away form is awful at the moment.
Misbah Imtiaz
my reaction: :frown: + :mad:
whats the point in beating Arsenal when you can't win against bloody Portsmouth...
all down to a dodgy penalty....

Deserved win for us. You failed to convert your chances, sure, but we limited you to speculative efforts and very few real opportunities.

You can't usually complain for losing 2-0. From what I've seen it was a definite penalty. From my seat it was clear as you like - rio was practically holding onto him for his life. Could even have been sent off!

The second goal was a good individual effort from the Yak :smile:
goldenbarnes
I can't wait to see what Mikey and chats make of our team (youngsters) - Downing set up the goal, McMahon's had a blinder at right back and George Boateng (allbeit not young) has been exceptional (apparantley).

Mikey's Analysis :cool: : (Sorry Chats, its not good reading for you btw)

Wicked Match! :biggrin:

The game always seemed in Boro's contol, Charlton never really looked like scoring and when Boro attacked, the Charlton defence was all over the place. Well Deserved win for Boro!

The first Boro goal though rather flukey, did feel like it was coming.
But their second goal was beautiful, wicked link up play between Zendon, Jimmy and Viduka and then a quality finish by Zenden! :smile:

Man of the match for me was Zenden, he was running all over the place, working hard and whenever the ball came to him something good would happen!

Downing had quite a quiet game, though when the ball did come to him, he whipped in some fine crosses.

Viduka played well upfront and held the ball up well, aswell as supplying well to others. Though he did seem a bit lazy at times.

Hasselbaink, like Viduka also seemed a bit lazy at times, when he got the ball he did look like he could punish Charlton, but missed a couple of easy chances.

Good Solid Defence for Boro, Mcmahon was working really hard and made many good challenges, Southgate seemed impenetrable and Riggot was class, dealing with most things that came his way.

On the right, Parlour was strong and held on to the ball well.

For Charlton there weren't many things to highlite, Johansson was quite good, managing to slot home after 47 mins and Holland seemed like a strong figure in the centre. In defence Perry looked very confused!

Good, deserved win for Boro!

Latest