The Student Room Group
mockel
That's why Luxemburgo wants him....he has some sense amid all that craziness

Saw the Hingis-Sol thing a couple days ago....my initial reaction was lucky bastard, but then I thought Hingis isn't exactly quite the looker :biggrin:

martina hingis is nice!

she was awesome (at tennis) when she was playing.. and fit :biggrin:
Xenon
Man, Real need Owen much more than Morientes. Owen has got them out of jail a few times before, which Real need. The new coach is crazy if he wants to think about say selling Owen (which along with Woodgate, it said he might) and keeping Morientes. :stupido:

damn so Morientis isnt going to liverpool?? :frown:
mc_watson87
Awww... Hingis :love: Sol

lol @ ramon vega
one of spurs finest
vavavoom86
campbell is still single!!???? :eek: :eek: :eek: hes nearly 30 now isnt he? i dont believe it(!) :eek:

Well, if you think Sol and Martina is a strange love match, remember when Tony Adams was dating Caprice? JESUS! :biggrin:

I must say if only for his CSKA links...abramovich doing financial favours in the same way that was alleged when Smertin arrived perhaps?
George-W-Duck
I must say if only for his CSKA links...abramovich doing financial favours in the same way that was alleged when Smertin arrived perhaps?

Let's hope this player is as good as Smertin :cool: :p:
Chelsea doesn't need any more midfielders, one defender and a striker would do nicely.
NDGAARONDI
Chelsea doesn't need any more midfielders, one defender and a striker would do nicely.

Ita arguable whether they need any players at all when a population of mice expand slower than the chelsea squad has over 2 years!
George-W-Duck
Ita arguable whether they need any players at all when a population of mice expand slower than the chelsea squad has over 2 years!

Chelsea have a relatively small squad, about 23 players I reckon.

NDGAARONDI

With Parker out for ages, buying cover for Makelele is probably quite wise.
Originally Mourinho wanted Jarosik on loan 'till the end of the season... but CSKA refused.
mc_watson87
Chelsea have a relatively small squad, about 23 players I reckon.

More than that.
Reply 8531
Bigcnee
More than that.

Mourinho said he wanted a small squad, but at the mo they only have about 16 fit outfielders as far as I know. Tough to work with, but he does it well. He is a genius manager and i'll be damned if chelsea don't win the league this year.
Bigcnee
More than that.

Not really...
mc_watson87
With Parker out for ages, buying cover for Makelele is probably quite wise. Originally Mourinho wanted Jarosik on loan 'till the end of the season... but CSKA refused.

It has been argued on a programme on Sky Sports, The Premier League, that it could upset the whole team spirit theme. Then again, it could strengthen it too. I still think Chelsea can make do with the midfielders they have and then look for more at the summer, big stars, like Ronaldinho and Gerrard.
NDGAARONDI
It has been argued on a programme on Sky Sports, The Premier League, that it could upset the whole team spirit theme. Then again, it could strengthen it too. I still think Chelsea can make do with the midfielders they have and then look for more at the summer, big stars, like Ronaldinho and Gerrard.

Jus the thought of having people like ronaldinho gerrard (and i keep reading shevchenko??) in a chelsea shirt along side the current talent has gotta be frightening for the rest of the managers in the league, if they integrate well then the league could be over by xmas! It'd be quite a young team then as well, plenty of years to get even better. It'd be amazing to see a team like that but im not sure its good for football in its current context.
George-W-Duck
Jus the thought of having people like ronaldinho gerrard (and i keep reading shevchenko??) in a chelsea shirt along side the current talent has gotta be frightening for the rest of the managers in the league

Yep Shevchenko has been linked to Chelsea, in need of another striker after Mutu got the sack. It will be frightening for the other managers but it's nothing new. Surely English teams playing in the Champions League would have encountered the same when playing against Real Madrid, with perhaps the exception of Manchester United?

George-W-Duck
if they integrate well then the league could be over by xmas!

I'm not so sure on that. Look at how well Everton are doing still.

George-W-Duck
It'd be quite a young team then as well, plenty of years to get even better.

Which will also mean some of the older players will be leaving and then the squad can be sized down a little bit.

George-W-Duck
It'd be amazing to see a team like that

Yep.

George-W-Duck
but im not sure its good for football in its current context.

Why?
Because although everyone likes to see a quality team full of the best players in each league and give them something to watch, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Milan etc, they have been built (especially in Arsenal's case, i know Real and Milan have many a backer) over a period of years, and only real have consistently bought the best in the world. I think it's better for football if teams are built and not just bought ready made for victory like the hired guns of the west. I don't deny that football was in a position where it needed the money but winning by leaving a vacuum of good players at other clubs so theres no competition and essentially no league (yeah, i know - Real) just seems too easy to be enjoyable. If Chelsea were self sufficient i would have no qualms about their buying power.

I dont think we can evaluate it now really, only opinionated guesses could suffice. Looking back in two years time at the teams of Europe would be the only way.

On a different note, i know it would never have happened but it would also have been interesting to see how Jose did with Chelsea's limited budget before Abramovich, with the steel in his team now, he could probably get a team of gingerbread men into the champions league.
ARCHK0VEN
damn so Morientis isnt going to liverpool?? :frown:

Despite Luxemburgo saying he wanted to keep Morientes, a deal for the player has now been reportedly reached.

Apparently Liverpool have had a £7M offer accepted from Real for Morientes and Cesar.
Seems like a rather amazing deal for Liverpool! :eek:
OMGWTF!!!! I dont believe it! S****horpe have just scored against Cheslea in the first 8 mins. :mad:

LOL it keeps deleting the middle bit of s-c-u-n-thorpe cos it spells out a swear word. :biggrin:
Thank god for that Chelsea have scorde the equalizer. C'mon u Blues!!!!

Latest