The Student Room Group
XTinaA
I was hoping for someone else to answer this but...

I am ZJuwelH :biggrin:

Better known to the knowledgeable as Juwel. Pleased to meet you.

:eek: you are not juwel!
Bloody ManU and Middlesborough, they can't be bothered anymore can they? Just cos they have nothing to play doesn't mean the rest don't!
pkonline
Bloody ManU and Middlesborough, they can't be bothered anymore can they? Just cos they have nothing to play doesn't mean the rest don't!

I am sad to say (on Man utds behalf) that they were tryin. Just weren't good enough. Ferguson with his batty tactics!!
pkonline

LOL not a good feeling when everyone around you is winning is it :wink:
Reply 1184
mc_watson87
I am sad to say (on Man utds behalf) that they were tryin. Just weren't good enough. Ferguson with his batty tactics!!

I think you'll find that the problem is Ferguson's Butty tactics.
Zapsta
I think you'll find that the problem is Ferguson's Butty tactics.

Indeed "that" is a problem. Why didn't he go to Birmingham like everyone wanted! He hit a shot off for a throw on! (think that was him) Oh dear!
Reply 1186
TheWolf
:eek: you are not juwel!

I see some are only just catching up.
Lord Huntroyde

:confused: explain!
Lord Huntroyde

There are still some who do not know at all.
XTinaA
There are still some who do not know at all.

:eek: yes i dont have a clue :eek:
Reply 1190
TheWolf
:eek: yes i dont have a clue :eek:

You do now though lol!
theaman
You do now though lol!

wat! lol is xtinaA juwel :confused:
piginapoke
Once again, you used irrelevant statistics. Anyone can use statistics to back up a losing argument when they have nothing to do with the argument itself.

Refute my previous post on the matter if you think you can.

How are Champions league stats irrelevant, yet Prem league stats are relevant, when talking about "who the best european team" is?

Bad argument, once again.

Prem stats are relevant for judgement on who is the best nationally, CL stats are relevant for the judgement of who is best in europe.

Not the ONLY factors, but they are very relevant ones.
bono
How are Champions league stats irrelevant, yet Prem league stats are relevant, when talking about "who the best european team" is?

Bad argument, once again.

Prem stats are relevant for judgement on who is the best nationally, CL stats are relevant for the judgement of who is best in europe.

Not the ONLY factors, but they are very relevant ones.
Simple asnwer is that u can't compare teams that effectively. Super league i say, come on some of uefa must be in here. Super European league. :smile:
Reply 1194
hi this is going to sound especially harsh but too be honest i can't be bothered to read the 10 pages of this thread i havent viewed i will if its worth it and doesn't contain 10 pages of more arguing with bono about my sig?
piginapoke
The point is you're using stats from previous seasons so they aren't relevant at all.

Ok, you want me to use this years CL stats? Why not, you think that using prem stats from this season enables you to judge Arsenal's position in Europe.

I can use stats from the last few seasons, or stats from this season alone - Both dismiss Arsenal as contenders for best European team.

You resort to the national league statistics because you want Arsenal to be the best in Europe.
Reply 1196
All this nonsense talk about stats and none are produced. Who needs stats to see how good a team are or can be, just watch them play!

Having said that, I don't believe Arsenal are there as the best team in Europe. Kuz, those two fatigued matches don't mean anything? Don't make me laugh. They cost you the world's oldest tournament and the world's most prestigious tournament. Losing the Champions' League will mean something to Arsenal (if not to you), it's the tournament Arsenal care most about. And if you're going to lose your place in the CL through one sloppy 45 minutes, you're not going to be the best team in Europe now are you. The best teams keep their focus, they keep up the energy for the crucial games (and parts of).

EDIT: For the present time I will concede that I believe Arsenal are the best team in the country. But moves need to be made in the continent.
piginapoke
No, I didn't resort to any statistics at all. I said watching Arsenal play, mostly in the PL, some in the euro cup, some in other places, lead me to that conclusion, based on my assessment of their performance. Read my post on team performance :rolleyes: . Why would I want Arsenal to be the best team in europe? I don't support them, I support Sunderland.

No, you can't use stats from previous seasons because they have no bearing on the current season, your insistance on this is completely bordering on bloody-mindedness. How do this season's CL stats dismiss Arsenal as 'contenders for best European team' exactly?

How is "mostly in the PL" any good in judging whether they are the best in Europe? That is only good in judging whether they are the best in the PL.
ZJuwelH
All this nonsense talk about stats and none are produced. Who needs stats to see how good a team are or can be, just watch them play!

Having said that, I don't believe Arsenal are there as the best team in Europe. Kuz, those two fatigued matches don't mean anything? Don't make me laugh. They cost you the world's oldest tournament and the world's most prestigious tournament. Losing the Champions' League will mean something to Arsenal (if not to you), it's the tournament Arsenal care most about. And if you're going to lose your place in the CL through one sloppy 45 minutes, you're not going to be the best team in Europe now are you. The best teams keep their focus, they keep up the energy for the crucial games (and parts of).

Thank you!!!
Reply 1199
bono
Thank you!!!

Excuse me?

Latest