The Student Room Group
Reply 1380
Lord Huntroyde
What about Pele's list:

http://www.rediff.com/sports/2004/mar/05fifa.htm

Diouf, Okocha, Milla and Valderamma are in it, as well as two American women players, but no Stanley Matthews or Tom Finney :confused:

Pele's top 100 list, which has 125 players in it? very credible :rolleyes:
Reply 1381
Lord Huntroyde
As the choice of the female American players shows, his choices were very political.

His list is, for the most part, bollocks, for some part, crap, and for the rest, a pile of piss.

While your language is rather crude, the sentiment is correct.
piginapoke
Who here actually plays footie? I play for a crap local team on tuesday nights and sunday mornings. Right full back is my position, as it seems to afford the least running around. I might be able to run around a bit more if my half time refreshments didn't include lager and cigs.

I play for fun with my mates. Not in any teams though. Yeah i've heard oranges (or pretty much anything else) works a lot better than larger and cigs :tongue:
1-1 pretty good game! :biggrin: GET IN THERE chelsea! :biggrin:
Reply 1384
TheWolf
1-1 pretty good game! :biggrin: GET IN THERE chelsea! :biggrin:

Chelsea have had some very good chances, so hopefully, they'll keep going in the 2nd half. If they do do so, they could be in for a win.
poor poor 2nd half... terrible....monaco has been impressive morinetes and giuly particularly... we hav got an away goal, but scoring two goals + will be tough in the 2nd leg
Reply 1386
TheWolf
poor poor 2nd half... terrible....monaco has been impressive morinetes and giuly particularly... we hav got an away goal, but scoring two goals + will be tough in the 2nd leg

I can't remember, but was it morientes who kicked out shortly after Monaco had the man sent off. He could have followed for an early bath.
TheWolf
spot on, ranarei shouldnt of bought off Gronjkear (sp?) at half time, and this mistake was compounded by the decision to bring on veron of all people who looked seriously unfit and out of match pracitce. i thought that ambrosini was at fault for the 3rd goal. Moncao deserved to win since they showed far greater charachter and their player should never of been sent off
Xenon
I can't remember, but was it morientes who kicked out shortly after Monaco had the man sent off. He could have followed for an early bath.

yea morientes but the other sent off shouldnt have been one anyways
Reply 1389
TheWolf

Very true. It all evened out in the end.
TheWolf
(i know i've sed this in the other thread aswell, but it was just so blo*dy amazing)

Monaco are amazing!!! That was one of the best 10 men performances i have ever seen!! I reckon they are one of the best teams in Europe. They sure are playin world-class football atm. They've destroyed Deportivo , Real, and Chelsea in this campaign and their attack looks very impressive. Great team !!! Morientes aswell, wicked finish, cool as ever. One of the best strikers in the World for me.
Reply 1391
mc_watson87
(i know i've sed this in the other thread aswell, but it was just so blo*dy amazing)

This is confusing. There are 2 threads, but since I started posting on this thread, I'll continue on it.
we still have chance if we get duff and cudicini back...but its very tough
Monaco have had 3 of the 4 greatest games (in terms of performance) this season in the champions league. I can c why now! Their attack seems to be able to tear apart teams at will! All their attackers are excellent, and all performed excellently today, aswell as on many other occasions.

On other notes Man utd close gap to 1 point with Chelsea :smile: with win at Charlton 2-0 , Saha, which is to be expected, and neville again :confused:
mc_watson87
Monaco have had 3 of the 4 greatest games (in terms of performance) this season in the champions league. I can c why now! Their attack seems to be able to tear apart teams at will! All their attackers are excellent, and all performed excellently today, aswell as on many other occasions.

On other notes Man utd close gap to 1 point with Chelsea :smile: with win at Charlton 2-0 , Saha, which is to be expected, and neville again :confused:
lets analysis this,
1st monaco goal - was it an amazing ball in - no, nothing particularly special. should of crespo headed it clear - yes after all any normal defender would of done. Should Melchiot been closer to his man - yes.
2nd goal - should of there been somone actually marking morietes - yes
3rd goal - should the keeper of saved it- yes

the monaco attack is good on tonights preformance however they were playing on the break. I think Arsenal's attack when they can rip teams apart who are intrenched in their own box is alot more impressive.
Speciez99
lets analysis this,
1st monaco goal - was it an amazing ball in - no, nothing particularly special. should of crespo headed it clear - yes after all any normal defender would of done. Should Melchiot been closer to his man - yes.

the monaco attack is good on tonights preformance however they were playing on the break. I think Arsenal's attack when they can rip teams apart who are intrenched in their own box is alot more impressive.
Sorry but i disagree entirely. Monaco's attack on a whole just looked a lot more impressive they any other team i have seen in a while. And u have to take into account Monaco were down a man aswell!! Monaco weren't playin on break to start and looked just as deadly. They were forced to play like that due to man sent off. Also Monaco's attack has looked bloo*y impressive all tournament, this was not a one off. With by far the most goals to their name than any other club. Their attacking partnerships seem to work so well, with a wide variety of different style attackers ranging from lethal finisher Morientes to superfast Guily and Prso, who is a wicked allrounder.
Their attack was incredible and very entertaining.
mc_watson87
Sorry but i disagree entirely. Monaco's attack on a whole just looked a lot more impressive they any other team i have seen in a while. And u have to take into account Monaco were down a man aswell!! Monaco weren't playin on break to start and looked just as deadly. They were forced to play like that due to man sent off.

agreed giuly (in particular) is immense...immense..he can match henry's pace atm
Reply 1397
Speciez99
lets analysis this,

I actually agree, all the goals were crap. Monaco are nowhere near being the bets team in the world, but they have a great manager who has turned some far from world class players into a great team, much like Mourinho has done at Porto.
Bringing Veron on wreked Chelsea. Lampard was running the show, pulling the strings. But then Veron came on, he plays exactly how Lampard played. You can't have two of that kind of player on the park at the same time. Neither got enough of the ball to make anything of it. Plus credit to Monaco for keeping the action out of midfield! They were just great after the sending-off, which incidentally was shambolic but could have been given if Makelele didn't go down maybe. The ref was poor. He awarded a free kick at every player that fell down, whistle-happy. Nice game :smile:
Zapsta
I actually agree, all the goals were crap.

Um i think u need eyes. ANyway its not all about the goals, their attack all nite looked wicked.

Latest