The Student Room Group
Reply 15600
Raindance
Defence really isn't a priority. Finnan's been immense all season. There's nothing to say about Carragher that hasn't already been said. Hyypia's aging, but I'd give him another season before the knacker's yard. LB is a bit of a problem, but if we do get a LW, switch Riise back into that position. We'd also have Traore and Warnock as cover remember - and Traore can double as makeshift CD.

Take point about wings though.

IMHO, we need :

Goalie
Central defender
Left back
Right winger
Left winger
Attacking midfielder
Striker if Baros leaves

imo, Traore is average but decent back up, same goes for Riise, don't think he's technically good enough and we should've looked to replace Hyypia this year, gradually, let alone leave it yet another season.
Raindance
Meh, we'll see. All I can say is we're gradually moving towards silly season, and there'll be loads of rumours flying about - most of which is b******s.

Anyway, I'm going to bed. Need beauty sleep and have lots to do

:tsr:

How much of a problem do you think (most likely) not qualifying for next yr's CL have on Benitez's spending plan?
Omg look what UEFA have done..
UEFA
:eek:
Reply 15603
dna©
UEFA

haha, actually had me fooled till I looked at the url :cool:
dna©
UEFA

loooool nice!
Lol! :biggrin:
dna©
UEFA

:laugh: :rofl:
dna©
UEFA

L
O

L
Everton fans > Liverpool fans
Reply 15609
dna©
Everton fans > Liverpool fans

Everyone else
> Everton fans > Liverpool fans
Jump

Everyone else
> Everton fans > Liverpool fans

Me > Everyone else > Dogs > Tramps > Rubbish > Liverpool Fans :smile:

*Edit - this post does not show the views represented by myself. It is merely a parody of a comment said by my brothers friends nans brothers sisters mothers girlfriends sons..dog
Reply 15611
dna©
Me < Everyone else < Dogs < Tramps < Rubbish < Liverpool Fans :smile:

:smile: :smile:
Reply 15612
Morning Redmen! :wink:

endeavour
How much of a problem do you think (most likely) not qualifying for next yr's CL have on Benitez's spending plan?

I'd have thought there'd be a fair bit of money from getting to the CL finals? Qualification would be nice though? What money isn't being plowed into Stanley Park will probably be put aside for transfers, and we'll be getting investment of sorts one way or another, as our sponsorship with Carlsberg is finished. :eek:
why does everyone think we need a bundle of new players? our defence is good for another season. be nice to bring the likes of meztelder in but its not really necessary yet. then again if we get Jonty Woodgate him and Kirkland can spend alll year familiarising in the hospital ready for an assault next year. all we are short of really is a crack right winger and Joaquin looks like filling that position. if we are going to get aload of new players i'd like to see a lot go.
ChelseaBabe
He reminds me of Flo!

Jarosik reminded me of Flo. :rolleyes: Imagine, a team comprising of Jarosik, Poyet, Flo, Crouch... :eek:

endeavour
Zola is such a legend. omg THAT flick.. :eek:

Against Norwich? :smile:

~Sam~
Yeah and we beat them :biggrin:

Took you enough times to do so, only five of them. :rolleyes:

dna©
Well done the Chelsea tonight. You'll dominate England and Europe for the next 10 years I think! :cool:

Too early to say yet but as time goes on everything seems to be pointing to there. I read this though and I'm beginning to think it's a possibility along with everything else that has happened previously.
We don't need essien anyways imo. United wanted to get him as well.
TheWolf
We don't need essien anyways imo. United wanted to get him as well.

Exactly. Who cares about him when we want Adriano, Shevchenko, Cole etc.? :biggrin:
Yu're not getting Adriano!

If you do I will cry, and murder Abramovic!
Phonicsdude
Yu're not getting Adriano!

If you do I will cry, and murder Abramovic!

Why cry for?

Latest