The Student Room Group
Reply 1580
slim786
That may be so but doesn't give u the right to call it silly when its a fact.

If I want to degrade a fact by calling it silly, I shall.
Reply 1581
Lord Huntroyde
I can't name one that everyone has heard of because I think that pygmies have a limited knowledge of Champion's League football.

Is it necessary to be rude about things u have no knowledge about.
Reply 1582
slim786

Is it necessary to be rude about things u have no knowledge about.

How is that statement rude? Pygmies have a very poor knowledge of football.

However, my knowledge is great, do not dare to challenge it!
Reply 1583
Lord Huntroyde

I think I'll take my chances
Lord Huntroyde
I can't name one that everyone has heard of because I think that pygmies have a limited knowledge of Champion's League football.

Marseilles were the best team in the world in the early 1990s.
I must give respect where it is due and Marseilles winning of the league consistently and there sucess in the 1992/3 european cup final is certainly worth of that. However i still don't rank them up there with the some of the other teams i have mentioned. I also think that the Milian team at the time was extremely good and that final must of been very interesting to watch.
Lord Huntroyde

I agree with slim786, you have no right to judge him like you did. Espicially when you consider the Gentleman's league of which you are a leading member is against the insulting of people unnecessarily. give respect when it is due and admit you are wrong if you are, and if you think you are right refrain from being aloof about that fact.
Reply 1586
Speciez99
I agree with slim786, you have no right to judge him like you did. Espicially when you consider the Gentleman's league of which you are a leading member is against the insulting of people unnecessarily. give respect when it is due and admit you are wrong if you are, and if you think you are right refrain from being aloof about that fact.

I wasn't insulting - or certainly not intentionally.
Reply 1587
Speciez99

I'm glad someone is seeing his comments as being completely out of order. I thought people on this forum are meant to respect people's opinions and not just insult them if they don't agree.
piginapoke
This is true, Papin is a legend of that team too IIRC. Trouble is, a lot of people have been spoon fed the stuff that sycophantic and biased pundits dole out, and thus have a limited view of European (or world) football.
Lord Huntroyde doesnt not have an sort of right to assume that slim786 doesnt have a good knowledge of football and call his remarks silly tho. alot of people are like that however you cannot single out a single person espicially when you have failed to deal with the arguement that in the last 4 years french teams have not preformed particulary well in the CL. And that before that only normally would one team do well.
Reply 1589
Lord Huntroyde

Well it didn't look that way to me. It seems you have a superiority complex.
Reply 1590
slim786
I'm glad someone is seeing his comments as being completely out of order. I thought people on this forum are meant to respect people's opinions and not just insult them if they don't agree.

Where did I insult your comments unduly?
Reply 1591
slim786
Well it didn't look that way to me. It seems you have a superiority complex.

Justifiably, I may add...
Reply 1592
Just for the record these are the teams who have won the champions league in last 10 yrs.

Ajax
AC Milan
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Manchester United
Juventus
Borussia Dortmund

No French teams there
Lord Huntroyde
that pleases me, however your use of the word silly and comments like "How is that statement rude? Pygmies have a very poor knowledge of football.

However, my knowledge is great, do not dare to challenge it!" do promote an image to me certainly of arrogance and disrespect for other people's opinions. We could argue all day about whether you were rude or not, however this is the internet the impression your posts gave weren't that of respect. I hope now that we can leave this behind us and continue what has been a very good debate.
Reply 1594
Lord Huntroyde
Justifiably, I may add...

Based on what. From our discussion you obviously have lost the argument and have resorted to poking fun at me for no reason.
Reply 1595
Speciez are u doing AS or A2 physics.
slim786
Speciez are u doing AS or A2 physics.

a2
piginapoke
0-0 in the other semi final.

I now have a sneaky feeling Chelsea are going to turn it around in the second leg. Although I've been known to be frequently wrong...

if we win 2-0 we go through to the final. It is not an impossible task
piginapoke
0-0 in the other semi final.

I now have a sneaky feeling Chelsea are going to turn it around in the second leg. Although I've been known to be frequently wrong...

They need a 2-0 or 3-goal win, doable but Monaco have a lot to say about that.

New link in sig, try it all!
Reply 1599
I think the problem for chelsea is that monaco seem to be a side that always score so probably have to win 3-1 then get through on penalties

Latest