The Ultimate Football Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by slim786)
That may be so but doesn't give u the right to call it silly when its a fact.
If I want to degrade a fact by calling it silly, I shall.
slim786
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
[QUOTE=Lord Huntroyde]I can't name one that everyone has heard of because I think that pygmies have a limited knowledge of Champion's League football.

Is it necessary to be rude about things u have no knowledge about.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Is it necessary to be rude about things u have no knowledge about.
How is that statement rude? Pygmies have a very poor knowledge of football.

However, my knowledge is great, do not dare to challenge it!
slim786
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)

I think I'll take my chances
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I can't name one that everyone has heard of because I think that pygmies have a limited knowledge of Champion's League football.

Marseilles were the best team in the world in the early 1990s.
I must give respect where it is due and Marseilles winning of the league consistently and there sucess in the 1992/3 european cup final is certainly worth of that. However i still don't rank them up there with the some of the other teams i have mentioned. I also think that the Milian team at the time was extremely good and that final must of been very interesting to watch.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I agree with slim786, you have no right to judge him like you did. Espicially when you consider the Gentleman's league of which you are a leading member is against the insulting of people unnecessarily. give respect when it is due and admit you are wrong if you are, and if you think you are right refrain from being aloof about that fact.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
I agree with slim786, you have no right to judge him like you did. Espicially when you consider the Gentleman's league of which you are a leading member is against the insulting of people unnecessarily. give respect when it is due and admit you are wrong if you are, and if you think you are right refrain from being aloof about that fact.
I wasn't insulting - or certainly not intentionally.
slim786
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
I'm glad someone is seeing his comments as being completely out of order. I thought people on this forum are meant to respect people's opinions and not just insult them if they don't agree.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
This is true, Papin is a legend of that team too IIRC. Trouble is, a lot of people have been spoon fed the stuff that sycophantic and biased pundits dole out, and thus have a limited view of European (or world) football.
Lord Huntroyde doesnt not have an sort of right to assume that slim786 doesnt have a good knowledge of football and call his remarks silly tho. alot of people are like that however you cannot single out a single person espicially when you have failed to deal with the arguement that in the last 4 years french teams have not preformed particulary well in the CL. And that before that only normally would one team do well.
slim786
Report 15 years ago
Well it didn't look that way to me. It seems you have a superiority complex.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm glad someone is seeing his comments as being completely out of order. I thought people on this forum are meant to respect people's opinions and not just insult them if they don't agree.
Where did I insult your comments unduly?
LH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well it didn't look that way to me. It seems you have a superiority complex.
Justifiably, I may add...
slim786
Report 15 years ago
Just for the record these are the teams who have won the champions league in last 10 yrs.

Ajax
AC Milan
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Manchester United
Juventus
Borussia Dortmund

No French teams there
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
that pleases me, however your use of the word silly and comments like "How is that statement rude? Pygmies have a very poor knowledge of football.

However, my knowledge is great, do not dare to challenge it!" do promote an image to me certainly of arrogance and disrespect for other people's opinions. We could argue all day about whether you were rude or not, however this is the internet the impression your posts gave weren't that of respect. I hope now that we can leave this behind us and continue what has been a very good debate.
slim786
Report 15 years ago
Justifiably, I may add...
Based on what. From our discussion you obviously have lost the argument and have resorted to poking fun at me for no reason.
slim786
Report 15 years ago
Speciez are u doing AS or A2 physics.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Speciez are u doing AS or A2 physics.
a2
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
0-0 in the other semi final.

I now have a sneaky feeling Chelsea are going to turn it around in the second leg. Although I've been known to be frequently wrong...
if we win 2-0 we go through to the final. It is not an impossible task
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
0-0 in the other semi final.

I now have a sneaky feeling Chelsea are going to turn it around in the second leg. Although I've been known to be frequently wrong...
They need a 2-0 or 3-goal win, doable but Monaco have a lot to say about that.

New link in sig, try it all!
slim786
Report 15 years ago
I think the problem for chelsea is that monaco seem to be a side that always score so probably have to win 3-1 then get through on penalties
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (118)
19.7%
Labour (302)
50.42%
Liberal Democrats (79)
13.19%
Green Party (30)
5.01%
Brexit Party (7)
1.17%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.5%
SNP (13)
2.17%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (3)