The Student Room Group
Reply 18120
Avi
question for reddos....how do u guys feel about the spanish armada raiding anfield? I mean, like the french's in arsenal or in liverpool during houllier. It could be too much of a good thing.

He's going with what he knows, which is fine by me. You can moan all you like about not buying enough english players, but the majority are either settled in their own clubs, mediocre or overpriced. It's not like we've lost our scouse core: Gerrard and Carragher, and we also have many other players who are in our eyes, completely red. Hamann and Riise to name a few.
Reply 18121
~Sam~
We're gonna have more Spanish players than the national side! Tbh, I'd like us to sign more English players, or give the youngsters a chance, which has been happening. I don't want our team to be full of Spaniards, but at the end of the day the most important thing is to have to best players, no matter what nationality they are. Players like Gerrard and Carra are good for the team though.

damn right...that's what us gooners thought when the world was whining about all our foreign players...check who cares...yes..home grown is good but in england it's waaaay too expensive for good players and who cares as long as the club is successfull.
Reply 18122
Raindance
He's going with what he knows, which is fine by me. You can moan all you like about not buying enough english players, but the majority are either settled in their own clubs, mediocre or overpriced. It's not like we've lost our scouse core: Gerrard and Carragher, and we also have many other players who are in our eyes, completely red. Hamann and Riise to name a few.

when was i moaning? I was just asking a question, why would i neways being a gooners fan (viva la francais)
Reply 18123
yep, i dont care, as long as the players are good

ahem nunez and josemi
Reply 18124
Avi
when was i moaning? I was just asking a question, why would i neways being a gooners fan (viva la francais)

I meant the collective 'you', not you personally. Would be so much easier if we had another personal pronoun, but 'one' will have to do.
Reply 18125
who could believe that forlan is top scorer in spanish league
Reply 18126
~Sam~
We're gonna have more Spanish players than the national side! Tbh, I'd like us to sign more English players, or give the youngsters a chance, which has been happening. I don't want our team to be full of Spaniards, but at the end of the day the most important thing is to have to best players, no matter what nationality they are. Players like Gerrard and Carra are good for the team though.

If they keep winning champions leagues then they can come from mars (or even manchester :eek: ) for all I care :wink: Carra and Stevie maybe the only scouse players at the club (well, gerrard is wool.... :wink: ) but the club will ALWAYS have a scouse heart and soul, no matter where the players come from. Last wednesday proved that.
Reply 18127
Freeway
who could believe that forlan is top scorer in spanish league

nobody, not even him, well he's only tied with henry after henry missed all those games so in my eyes, he's second :wink: Neways, I would prefer him than that arrogant bastard etoo
Reply 18128
kpg
If they keep winning champions leagues then they can come from mars (or even manchester :eek: ) for all I care :wink: Carra and Stevie maybe the only scouse players at the club (well, gerrard is wool.... :wink: ) but the club will ALWAYS have a scouse heart and soul, no matter where the players come from. Last wednesday proved that.

Exactly. As long as they have the right attitude I don't care!
Reply 18129
So many Liverpool fans... we should get our own exclusive thread!

Invitation only! :wink:
Reply 18130
Raindance
So many Liverpool fans... we should get our own exclusive thread!

Invitation only! :wink:

:biggrin:. It's fun posting here though, we can make everyone else jealous!
Reply 18131
~Sam~
:biggrin:. It's fun posting here though, we can make everyone else jealous!

So true...
... they have a lot to be jealous of! :rolleyes: :p:
Reply 18132
Reply 18133
~Sam~

No way! Oh well, it'll live on in our hearts! Gone up to the others in banner heaven, where it'll live with 'Roman's taxes pay my giro' and others.

R.I.P

I'm off out now. Things to see, people to do. Maybe that should be the other way round? I love 1/2 term... have a good one! :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Imagine if Gerard moved to Liverpool. :biggrin:
lol =\ Do you pronounce him the same as Gerrard?
Reply 18136
Imagine if someone called Arsene managed Arsenal...
Reply 18137
gerard isnt that good apparently 20m euros they paid!
Reply 18138
wierd hearing benitez's name as a player
Reply 18139
sb1986
wierd hearing benitez's name as a player

I know, that really confused me at first!

Latest