The Student Room Group
NDGAARONDI
Should I expect more rubbish signings by Jose Mourinho?

are you talking about this?
http://footballmsn.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=281841&CPID=8&CLID=8&lid=&title=Chelsea+swoop+for+starlet&channel=Football_Home
He will be classed as homegrown player right? (by 2008 or whenver) =\
Reply 18263

thats chelsea snobbery for you now. seeing as chelsea are such a good team now if he has to leave he'll want to go to something bigger
TheWolf
He will be classed as homegrown player right? (by 2008 or whenver) =\

yea = so would forssell though :mad:
Reply 18265
afireinside©
You're so bitter.

About what? I'm not really arsed whether we're in the tournament next year or not. Just pointing out it'll be embrassing for the governing bodies, especially if two or three of the english clubs struggle (well, Arsenal always do...)
oh yeah i remembered Park of PSV could be a Man USA target

no link atm - read it in paper

I heard about that but wasn't referring to that. I just feel Mourinho's first signings with us weren't the best we've seen in recent times. Although no doubt he'll make better ones. :smile:
rmyl
thats chelsea snobbery for you now. seeing as chelsea are such a good team now if he has to leave he'll want to go to something bigger

He turned down Bayern Munich before and with Forssell probably leaving we're going to need Huth so we meet UEFA's homegrown criteria so we can actually participate in Europe.
fernando
oh yeah i remembered Park of PSV could be a Man USA target

no link atm - read it in paper

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/3658436 gd player. They have so many strikers now tho =\
Reply 18270
what does everyone think about the possibility of zenden going to liverpool? why does benitez want him?? i wouldn't have rated him that highly *shrugs*
I like zenden. :redface: You guys are gonna get Aimar though.
Reply 18272
NDGAARONDI
He turned down Bayern Munich before and with Forssell probably leaving we're going to need Huth so we meet UEFA's homegrown criteria so we can actually participate in Europe.

what criteria do you have to meet to clarify as homegrown?
I like zenden. :redface: You guys are gonna get Aimar though. http://www.itv-football.co.uk/News/story_153873.shtml
Reply 18274
TheWolf
I like zenden. :redface: You guys are gonna get Aimar though. http://www.itv-football.co.uk/News/story_153873.shtml

hmmm, nice one... :smile: at least he'll know benitez well as well
rmyl
what criteria do you have to meet to clarify as homegrown?

UEFA has announced clubs competing in the Champions League and the UEFA Cup will have to include four homegrown players in their 25-man squad from 2006. Europe's governing body also wants to implement the plan in domestic leagues but that will have to be agreed by each national association.

Uefa then wants six homegrown players by 2007 and eight in 2008.

Of the eight, at least four must be trained by the club's own academy and the rest in the home country.

Uefa defines a club-trained player as one who has been registered for a minimum of three seasons with the club between the age of 15 and 21.
Reply 18276
just hope we can land milito too :p:
NDGAARONDI
I heard about that but wasn't referring to that. I just feel Mourinho's first signings with us weren't the best we've seen in recent times. Although no doubt he'll make better ones. :smile:

some werent good compared to the price we paid
nearly £20m for Carvalho
£13m for Ferreira
£3m Jarosik (think he can do better if more accurate with shooting)
£5.3m Kezman
£24m Drogba

+ Morais and Tiago (couldnt find prices)

thats £60m+ on half of a first eleven...i reckon those players are worth half that apart from Ferreira (nearer £10m i think)
Reply 18278
NDGAARONDI
UEFA has announced clubs competing in the Champions League and the UEFA Cup will have to include four homegrown players in their 25-man squad from 2006. Europe's governing body also wants to implement the plan in domestic leagues but that will have to be agreed by each national association.

Uefa then wants six homegrown players by 2007 and eight in 2008.

Of the eight, at least four must be trained by the club's own academy and the rest in the home country.

Uefa defines a club-trained player as one who has been registered for a minimum of three seasons with the club between the age of 15 and 21.

so would that include huth then i suppose? donno how long he's been there for
Reply 18279
woo 19000 post

Latest