The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust Summer School 2014 - Nottingham

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blackwid0w
When did they send you this? D:
I haven't received any emails at all

Here is the email I sent....
Original post by Hamzah Amir Khan
Yeah I was getting quite paranoid that I hadn't heard from them so I sent them an email asking whether they received the forms. The reply was in the positive and they are processing them in the meantime and they will provide us with more information in the post soon, how long that is anyone's guess, I also asked about whether it would be wise to book travel arrangements well in advance.

Hope that helps! If you are worried I would recommend emailing them tonight, they get back to you relatively quickly, or so was the case for me.

I think I'm gonna do the same because I've been a bit paranoid too...I've been thinking, "OMG, what if the letter got lost in the post...what if they didn't receive it by the deadline...what if...what if...what if...".
Is anyone doing the Historical Studies strand? :3
Reply 43
Original post by Greywind
Is anyone doing the Historical Studies strand? :3

I am
Hi guys,

Hope your exams are going well.
Today I received another form from Nottingham about travel arrangements. It needs to be handed in by the 20th June... so very short deadline.
Reply 45
Hey,

Just got a letter about travel as well, will be going for the Engineering, Maths and Computer Science.
While reading the letters I found out we wont have any wifi so that will be interesting :/ ....
Original post by kossy
Hey,

Just got a letter about travel as well, will be going for the Engineering, Maths and Computer Science.
While reading the letters I found out we wont have any wifi so that will be interesting :/ ....

Hopefully we'll be having too much fun to even think about wanting to use wifi! :biggrin:
Original post by Kandybars
Hopefully we'll be having too much fun to even think about wanting to use wifi! :biggrin:

But it would have helped for research on the work we have to do :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fletchtasmic
But it would have helped for research on the work we have to do :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully there will be computers available for us in some sort of study room? Or we can hopefully use the library? Either way, I'm still quite looking forward to the summer school :smile:
Original post by luckylaurax
Hopefully there will be computers available for us in some sort of study room? Or we can hopefully use the library? Either way, I'm still quite looking forward to the summer school :smile:

Oh yeah, no WiFi isn't going to stop me looking forward to it but it would have been useful to be able to quickly look up something from our rooms :smile:
Oh yeah, no WiFi isn't going to stop me looking forward to it but it would have been useful to be able to quickly look up something from our rooms :smile:

I know, it would have been a lot easier :tongue: I'm really interested in going to Nottingham :redface:
Reply 51
I know, it would have been a lot easier :tongue: I'm really interested in going to Nottingham :redface:

Yeah, It will be really interesting to be there for a few days :smile:

I'm hoping it will help me decide whether I really want to do this course because I'm not entirely sure yet ^-^
I'm hoping it will help me decide whether I really want to do this course because I'm not entirely sure yet ^-^

I'm just trying to find out if Nottingham university is where I want to end up. It's scary to think how close it is before we have to apply :colondollar:
I'm just trying to find out if Nottingham university is where I want to end up. It's scary to think how close it is before we have to apply :colondollar:

Eurgh it is scary -_-

I'm thinking that we won't have to do any work in our free time haha. It's only for a week and outside of lectures, we have plenty of time to take part in various activities. :smile: I'd rather not do work in the evenings haha. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kandybars
I'm thinking that we won't have to do any work in our free time haha. It's only for a week and outside of lectures, we have plenty of time to take part in various activities. :smile: I'd rather not do work in the evenings haha. :biggrin:

I guess so ^-^
Is anyone else turning up late? My train doesn't get there until 5pm :frown:
My train wouldn't get there until later so I'm staying over night the day before in a hotel, I did email them before though and they said it always happens and not to worry about it and they would send someone out to meet me.
Is anyone coming from Cardiff?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending