Best way to get ready for C1 and C2 Watch

particlestudent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys

Ive got a C1 and C2 exam coming up and I'm wondering what the best way to get ready is at this point in time. They are about a month away from now.

With C1, I kind of stopped revising for it when i started learning C2 but then came back to it and I was surprised i remembered everything. Just questions involving roots really catch me out. With C2 i am also fine now but need some more practice on Trig graphs. Does anyone know a good revision source that helps on Trig graphs because ExamSolutions mostly uses the quadrant way, which i have never been taught.

Anyways, whats the best way to get ready from now on, is it just practicing past papers over and over again?
Solemn Rain
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Past papers, past papers, and some more past papers!

I can't stress this enough:lol:
jamesthorns96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
for C2, I did awful when I did it at AS, got a D but this year, im resitting and it feels so much easier after A2.
I recommend learning how to use CAST diagrams for trig, they help all the way through A2 and it will save you time during the exams They are both just a case of doing past papers I think, I think last year I must have just had a reaaaally bad day because C3 +C4 trig follows on from c2, and I had no problems with recalling C2 trig, and I seem to do fine in mocks too with little to no revison.. c3 and c4 are like extended c1 and c2 with an increase in difficulty If I were you as an AS student, make sure you know trig well! its generally the last question, and also you NEED to have a good background on it to do well in A2 good luck!
Robbie242
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Solomon papers & past papers are the way to go.
particlestudent
Rep:
?
Ill use ExamSolutions to try the CAST method and teach myself it . Now that I've done most of the past papers, it might be a good idea to try out the solomon papers
mahatma ghandi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Easy, Stewart Sidders
particlestudent
Rep:
?
The hardest part to C1 for me is probably roots, and with C2, i find Trig graphs quite tricky
L'Etudiant
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is what I am doing:

1) Watch chapter on ExamSolutions or M4ths.com
2) Complete chapter exercises in Book

I do this until I complete the book and once done I will do Solomon Papers and then the real exams
IfsAhmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Papers! Practicing different kinds of the same question help!
The CAST graph is recommended its helping me at the moment with C3 and C4. I am resitting C2 this year because I got a C and would like to push it up a little. But yeah papers is a good way to go, also try the questions in your text book, I know some may seem easy and some seem like they would rarely come up in your exam but its worth getting a good idea on the kinds of questions that are possible to come.
Hope this helped!
shobha56
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by particlestudent)
Hey guys

Ive got a C1 and C2 exam coming up and I'm wondering what the best way to get ready is at this point in time. They are about a month away from now.

With C1, I kind of stopped revising for it when i started learning C2 but then came back to it and I was surprised i remembered everything. Just questions involving roots really catch me out. With C2 i am also fine now but need some more practice on Trig graphs. Does anyone know a good revision source that helps on Trig graphs because ExamSolutions mostly uses the quadrant way, which i have never been taught.

Anyways, whats the best way to get ready from now on, is it just practicing past papers over and over again?
Hi,
Get yourself an A for C1 and C2 by revising with the Kindle Guides from The Maths Clinic
Cheers!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (46)
61.33%
No (29)
38.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise