The Student Room Group

Guilty Feeling ;(

Well Basically GCSE's are going to start, i've revised A LOT. No exaggeration; 5am until 10pm (with breaks). I started revision months ago, but I haven't revised in English at all! And thats my main subject i have to pass in - (B-A*). I didn't concentrate in lessons and i CBA to revise it at all. My English courseworks are all A's but i just have this stupid feeling in my stomach. I get this feeling every time i've done something bad. I feel like every other subject is easy.. But too easy to be true.

I'm just really scared... And feel i haven't done enough to make myself confident. Like, i can't say; "im gonna rock this'... My Mock results were very good but still. I don't know whats wrong with me.
Reply 1
The most important thing is to stay calm!It

It's not too late to start revising for english - just dedicate 1 or 2 days to blasting your english revision!

For english language, do past paper questions to practice your essay skills and to find out what kind of questions you are going to be asked - you will probably have an idea of this from your mock! If you got good mock grades, then although you should never become complacent, it means that you can probably write a decent essay already!

For english literature, depending on the exam board the texts might change every year so perhaps past papers aren't too helpful - but the essay writing skills are transferrable from lang. and also other subjects e.g. history! You need to get really familiar with your set texts, and make sure you can comment on the characters and themes etc. - get someone to test you on certain aspects of the novel/play/whatever text it is!

For both english exams, the most important thing to do is to comment on the effect of the langauge. Make lists/mindmaps etc. of key terminology, e.g. sibilance, and try and get as many of those buzz words into your essay if you're analysing a text!

Look at past examiners reports to see what students often do right/wrong as well!

It's true that english is a difficult one to revise for, becuase it's more about skills that remembering facts, so don't stress too much, but knowing how to anwser the questions that might come up will certainly make you more confident!

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
I had dedicated a whole day for english, like a week ago i answered English Language section A B C.
I know how to answer the questions- the structure, language features etc.. But still in my mock exam i thought i had merked it. But nope. I got a C+.
Reply 3
Holy ****!! I am in A-Level and i don't revise that much.
Reply 4
Original post by muf_mur
Holy ****!! I am in A-Level and i don't revise that much.

Hahaa :P, well i only do a lot because i have this older sister which is smart, she revises A LOT, so in my whole family, shes known as the smart one :L.
And just because i look after my self e.g makeup, wear nicer clothes and look after my skin- i'm seen as the stupid one - more into fashion.

So i just really want to laugh in everyone's faces. Be like bitch what you saying now! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest