The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Hi everybody i m looking for someone who has done the record of experience for dental nurse and can help me with it is well. I will do anything for that help.Thanks
Reply 3
Hello Justine,

I'm also working on my PERS, but I'm fiding really hard to write it down without writing the same thing all over again on each Unit. Maybe we could share our PERS if you have done any. I've just done three and it's starting to be boring and also annoying.

Paola Ll

Original post by Justine89
Hi everybody i m looking for someone who has done the record of experience for dental nurse and can help me with it is well. I will do anything for that help.Thanks
Reply 4
Hi!did you find someone to help you with roe?im looking too to some one to help me maybe if you have someone con you give me please contact thank you:smile:
do you still need help?
I am pretty sorted with my PERs as my tutor and college have been really helpful. But I know how daunting it is. I am just at the beginning but I have been practicing. From what I have done so far, there are lots of bits which will be exactly the same for each one. I mean, you are not going to set up the chair is a different way every time are you? A really good resource is the Levinson's as it tells you exactly what you should be doing. Then you just need to make the small changes for the unique bits, such as the patient and the medical history, which makes it a bit easier.

Remember that you don't have to do 44 observations. For example, if you do a filling and your dentist observes you. Then you can write up the following PERs:

Setting up the surgery
Sterilisation of restoration equipment
Sterilisation of a handpiece
Local anesthetic
Cavity Restoration

So that one observation could then have 5 PERs. If the dentist took an x-ray to check it first if it was super big, then you can add that in too.

I found it easy to do the Supplementary Outcomes already because they are not witnessed. I can do them at home :smile:
Hi can u help me with roe?
Hi anyone there to help me with roe? Pls
Original post by Alina madalan
Hi can u help me with roe?

Hi I can help as much as possible. What do you need to know?
Hi I'm currently doing my national diploma in dental nursing, and am finding it difficult to start my PERS as I'm unsure what's needed. Would you be able to help with this? Maybe an example of what's expected? I'm doing the course online so don't have face to face contact with a tutor. If you can PM me that would be fab.
Original post by samlovatt2012
Hi I'm currently doing my national diploma in dental nursing, and am finding it difficult to start my PERS as I'm unsure what's needed. Would you be able to help with this? Maybe an example of what's expected? I'm doing the course online so don't have face to face contact with a tutor. If you can PM me that would be fab.

I don't know if I can give you a whole example because it is very long. However, I will try and help with the basics. My college gave me a guidance document which explained how to start and what to cover. Did you not get this?

Basically, a lot of the info is repeated. Like how you prepared the surgery. So you start by saying you came in and turned everything on. Did you ensure that the equipment was working? Well explain how. Then you talk about getting ready and what you put on the trays. Depending on the PER you then talk about the procedure. But you just talk about what you did to help the dentist, then the patient and then the role (this is like the same thing but more like a job description).

You just talk through the process step by step -as though it is your only patient of the day.
That's a massive help, thank you so much
Hello, what are you struggling with? It's quite difficult to put it all into words isn't it x
Reply 14
you are done it ROE THEN ?
Reply 15

ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME ON MY ROE would really appreciate it !:frown:
Original post by ggio
you are done it ROE THEN ?

I'm in the middle of doing it now. Have you only just started?
Reply 17
Hello everyone..I am a new student in Diploma in dental nursing and I am very confused with my homeworks..supplementary outcomes and ROE..its so confusing..Can anyone please help me with the ROE please???
Reply 18
hi I am struggling with the PERS to any one can help please . thanks
I can help with reo

Latest