The Student Room Group

What is Dental Nursing placement like?

I start dental nursing in September and my placement starts on week 4/5 of my course. I know i will be very anxious about it and i want to give myself as much time as possible to prepare for it.

Ive never had a job before, so to go from never work, to working in my career will be a big jump that makes me nervous.

I'm open to any and all information on dental nursing placement :smile:
Reply 1
Hiya, my friends mum is a dentist who often has nursing students. Best advice is to enjoy yourself, be as helpful as possible. Keep a notebook as youll probs find a lot of what you learn on placement is really helpful for lectures etc so its good to keep a record. In terms of working, its long days on your feet so comfy trainers or something is a gamechanger. Also a good lunch as those first few weeks will take some adjusting to energy wise 😅
Original post by oceanlov3r
I start dental nursing in September and my placement starts on week 4/5 of my course. I know i will be very anxious about it and i want to give myself as much time as possible to prepare for it.
Ive never had a job before, so to go from never work, to working in my career will be a big jump that makes me nervous.
I'm open to any and all information on dental nursing placement :smile:

Hiya,I’m looking forward to do a private course for dental nursing but I have no idea how this placement thing works if you have to find placements yourself or the providers arrange it for you so kindly if you can help me with it it’ll be appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest