The Student Room Group

P.E

What's the highest possible grade I can achieve in P.E if my practical grade is only a C?
Original post by Bijay_Jr
What's the highest possible grade I can achieve in P.E if my practical grade is only a C?

It depends what percentage of the overall course the practical goes towards and how much UMS you got, but I would go for a high B or maybe a low A (if you managed to completely destroy the exam).

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends on the percentage of the practical...
Reply 3
Guys, i was wondering what the best way would be to tackle Edexcel GCSE PE exam. I'm sitting it on the 16th May so I don't really have that much time left. I got 38/40 in my practical score and 18/20 in AoP's. I really want to get an A* and I wanted to know if anyone had any tips or techniques that i could use, or maybe any really important facts i need to know???
Reply 4
Original post by Bijay_Jr

Tell us what the weighting for your course is and more specifics. Also, you might want to brush up on your maths if you cannot work it out yourself.

When I did GCSE P.E. a few years ago, the weighting was 60% for practical and 40% exam.

For the practical, I got 70%, which is B. I needed 95% in the exam to get an A... I got a B.
If your weighting is the same (60:40), and you only got a C which I take is 60%, then it'll be impossible for you to get an A, but you can get a B if you get 85% UMS in your exam, which is very doable.

Original post by aakom98
Guys, i was wondering what the best way would be to tackle Edexcel GCSE PE exam. I'm sitting it on the 16th May so I don't really have that much time left. I got 38/40 in my practical score and 18/20 in AoP's. I really want to get an A* and I wanted to know if anyone had any tips or techniques that i could use, or maybe any really important facts i need to know???

AFAIK pretty much everything comes up on the exam, but it's not exactly hard. You would remember most of it if you've attended your lessons. There's a few acronym mnemonics (covering the injuries, fitness and training topics), basic terms, muscles, bones, heart function to remember and your nearly there.

Quick Reply

Latest