The Student Room Group

I used correction fluid in IGCSE, what will happen?

Will they disqualify my IGCSE?
:yes:
Original post by Boomshanka
:yes:

Aha, I personally doubt it, but depending on the severity of correcting, you may be subject to... punishments :awesome::fatcontroller:
I heavily doubt that they will care too much as long as it is only once or twice, think about it, if you used correction fluid how many others would have, would the exam board disqualify over 1000 people ???
Why risk using it when you know it's not allowed? I'm don't think you'll get disqualified but you may get penalized.
Your paper won't come out well under the scanners. That's why you shouldn't use correction fluid.
They won't under any circumstances disqualify you for simply using a correction fluid nor would they penalise you. No correction fluid is just a precaution so that the exam remains fair and no students are disadvantaged just cause correction fluid messed up their paper and the scanners couldnt read well.

For IGCSE I wrote my first exam using a blue pen (and only black pens were allowed) :eek:. I didn't get disqualified. I didn't get penalised. I've seen students use correction fluid in exams too. Nothing happens but the invigilator tells them off really well. Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
So f i used royal blue pen in my igcse its not a problem right? Its like dark blue right?
The king of tsr.......question: i used royal blue pens in my igcse. They are like dark blue right? So there should be any problem in using them right?
Original post by mfaizan98
So f i used royal blue pen in my igcse its not a problem right? Its like dark blue right?

Just use a black pen...?
Original post by 942029795
Will they disqualify my IGCSE?

Did they disqualify you then???? cos I did exactly the same thing :/
They only say it because it makes the photocopies less clear. You won't get disqualified, but if it makes other pages/asnwers completely illegible, you could lose those marks.
i used a correcting pen and it didnt mention anything on the paper but on the website it is forbidden im scared dose that mean im going to have to redo the exam?
Original post by im scared AF
i used a correcting pen and it didnt mention anything on the paper but on the website it is forbidden im scared dose that mean im going to have to redo the exam?

For God's Sake. NO you will not be disqualified. They aren't going to ruin a kid's future because of some stupid pen issue. They'll end up either marking it if the pen shows up, if not, they'll make the hard copy.
Talk is cheap.Show your edexcel exam report card.

Quick Reply

Latest