The Student Room Group

OCR Biology B1, B2 and B3 May 13th 2014

Does anyone know what the average grade boundaries are? Is the paper out yet to have a look at ?

Scroll to see replies

Last year you needed 42 to get an a* and today's paper was probably quite a bit harder than that so I'm guessing around 37 for an A* ocr are normally really good at adjusting the grade boundaries according to papers difficulty so I wouldn't worry
Reply 2
I'm not sure if it was harder as I found it really easy and everyone came out saying the same.
Reply 3
I'm unsure if the boundaries will increase or decrease - a lot of people found it easy, then again a lot of people found it difficult. It depends on so many factors, but I think that they'll increase personally.
Reply 4
How come the boundaries are very low as it saw it was around 15 to get a C in 2013?
Reply 5
Hmm yh it's a weird one. There's a clash of those who found it well or those that found it difficult. Hopefully the grade boundaries go no further than 43/44 for a*

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did it yesterday too and I thought it was a bit of a strange paper and so did some other people at my school. I didn't find it difficult, but I didnt find it too easy either!
We got told that 36 was an a
Reply 8
I got an A in the course work 25% which is 52/64 so what do I need to get in the three exams for a B overall? Also for addition science what is the boundaries like? Easier than core or harder
Reply 9
Original post by lulupixie
I did it yesterday too and I thought it was a bit of a strange paper and so did some other people at my school. I didn't find it difficult, but I didnt find it too easy either!

What did you put for the first question people in my school say 25% and some say 75
I think it will stay the same, or move up/down by 1 mark. Definitely 40+, I think.
Reply 11
Original post by ToLiveInADream
I think it will stay the same, or move up/down by 1 mark. Definitely 40+, I think.

I'm really confused at school thy say 36 is a C but then in the ocr website lat years 42 was A*
Reply 12
Original post by Basim97
I'm really confused at school thy say 36 is a C but then in the ocr website lat years 42 was A*

Are you getting confused between OCR 21st century and OCR Gateway?

Original post by Basim97
What did you put for the first question people in my school say 25% and some say 75

It's definitely 25%.
Reply 13
No in doing 21 st century
Reply 14
No im doing 21 st century
Reply 15
Original post by Basim97
No im doing 21 st century

Well then I'm unsure, but the boundaries that people have mentioned before for previous years are right.
Reply 16
Do you think that they'll accept for the fetus question from the uterus - "it's directly from the uterus so they can test it immediately."
Original post by Sulfur
Do you think that they'll accept for the fetus question from the uterus - "it's directly from the uterus so they can test it immediately."

immediately as in time wise? perhaps not because i suppose once you have collected any cells you can test them immediately but then again maybe it is correct because its a direct sample?
Reply 18
Original post by AlphaNick
If I had to guess:
- 45-47 for B1
- 43-45 for B2
- 38-40 for B3

Wrong exam board.
Reply 19
Original post by -sophia-
immediately as in time wise? perhaps not because i suppose once you have collected any cells you can test them immediately but then again maybe it is correct because its a direct sample?

I can remember mentioning directly twice, so maybe I said you get it directly from the womb so you can test it directly?

Quick Reply

Latest