The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6GP01 Government and Politics Unit 1 Exam 20/05/2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Does anyone know if learning two of the topics is a safe move?
I only know Parliament and Constitution, that was only what my school covered, but do these two definitely always come up in both sections, A and B.
Will be able to attempt both questions??
Reply 561
I think you have to revise 3 Topics on the unit 2 paper. Don't gamble, the biggest topic is the Constitution and the others like PM and Parliament Aren't that big. Theres still Hope (people in general) to get a A in this paper. However Do skim read over Judiciary - As there are important bits like the HR act/Power Of the Judges that you can incorporate to your answers on the other topics. (In general How did people find Unit 1, and what topics did you choose? I did Democracy & Pressure Groups) Good Luck!
Does anybody have a document with all the 40 mark essays and the mark schemes alongside it?

Or, anybody interested in making one? I can help too!
Original post by Avron18
I think you have to revise 3 Topics on the unit 2 paper. Don't gamble, the biggest topic is the Constitution and the others like PM and Parliament Aren't that big. Theres still Hope (people in general) to get a A in this paper. However Do skim read over Judiciary - As there are important bits like the HR act/Power Of the Judges that you can incorporate to your answers on the other topics. (In general How did people find Unit 1, and what topics did you choose? I did Democracy & Pressure Groups) Good Luck!

I did those too!
Guys I haven't revised. I have 3 more exams left and have no motivation. Sakshdhhd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizmoo
Does anyone know if learning two of the topics is a safe move?
I only know Parliament and Constitution, that was only what my school covered, but do these two definitely always come up in both sections, A and B.
Will be able to attempt both questions??

what your school only did two wooow?
Original post by Olympiad
Does anybody have a document with all the 40 mark essays and the mark schemes alongside it?

Or, anybody interested in making one? I can help too!

I've got every single past question for each topic but not a mark scheme, if you're interested?
Original post by Missgeehughes
I've got every single past question for each topic but not a mark scheme, if you're interested?

Yes please! Can you attach it here?
For the Parliament topic, it says "knowledge and understanding of the different relationships between legislatures and executives in parliamentary and presidential systems of government"

I'm so stuck on the presidential bit - I've done nothing on that? :s-smilie:
Anyone think the 40 marker is 'assess the argument for codifying the UK constitution.'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 570
anyone have any revision material on the judiciary? I am unable to learn it!
Original post by jj225

Sorry I'm not doing that one

Posted from TSR Mobile
does the executive have an influence in the House of Lords, or are they completely independent?
Original post by jj225

My revision material is hand written unfortunately! What do you need help on though - I could either help you or send you a photo of my notes on it.
Has the coalition increased or decreased cabinet power? What could you say for that?
Original post by Olympiad
Yes please! Can you attach it here?

Yeah, I will scan it in later and see if I can attach it through this thread so everyone has access to it!
Original post by alexgr97
Has the coalition increased or decreased cabinet power? What could you say for that?

Hm you could say that scrutiny will increase, however the role of scrutiny in a coalition does bring about unnecessary blocks eg- clegg blocked efforts for reform on human rights, going further with welfare cuts and blocked the introduction of it counter terror measures... Seems to be more blockages than implementing his own ideologies?

In addition, it makes cabinet less ideologically united, which makes the cabinet a lot weaker, especially to the public and media.

David Cameron said something along the lines of "sometimes you have to make compromises that are not necessarily in the long-term interests of the country".. Which kind of answers your question!
Reply 577
Original post by xxvine
what your school only did two wooow?

I know!! I think I am going to teach my self PM and Cabinet, just to be on the safe side
:smile:
Oh my flip!!!!!!!

Has anyone else just lost all motivation and kind of stopped revising this half term? I deffo did....

I think I'm going to have to just learn 3... I've done The Constitution and im going to do PM & Cabinet but I dont know whether to do judiciary or parliament????? Which one has less to cover and is more achievable to learn in about 2 days lol....

Cramming is going to be so intense.

Also does anyone have any revision techniques that will prove to be useful...
Original post by gonnafail17
Oh my flip!!!!!!!

Has anyone else just lost all motivation and kind of stopped revising this half term? I deffo did....

I think I'm going to have to just learn 3... I've done The Constitution and im going to do PM & Cabinet but I dont know whether to do judiciary or parliament????? Which one has less to cover and is more achievable to learn in about 2 days lol....

Cramming is going to be so intense.

Also does anyone have any revision techniques that will prove to be useful...

i did as well

I have four days to learn unit 2
oh boy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending