Scroll to see replies

Original post by miri223
Which did you do? Prose or poetry?

Poetry
Reply 61
Original post by oliviaysanne
Poetry

Me too, did you have anything to wrote about? I was so lost u.u
I did the prose; what did you guys think?
Reply 63
what did you guys think of the poetry unseen?
I rather liked this paper tbh. The unseen poem was a little odd but the questions were better than the prose so I went with the poem!
We did the home collection and I was praying for piano to be the suggested poem and it wasssss, so that was amazing!!
For the last question I did the extract on suspense in Brighton Rock and Lies of Silence which wasn't too bad either.
All in all, I think I did okay but I don't want to jinx anything ...
Original post by Smit227
what did you guys think of the poetry unseen?

For the first question I talked about the plosives, onomatopoeias and elongated vowel sounds.
The second one I talked about the musical imagery and the image of the fruit at the end and linked it with the bible and temptation or whatever~
The third I said it went from a passionate relationship to a kinda mellow, more mature relationship - I had to write something! :L
I thought the paper was okay, apart from the unseen...
I chose poetry but I didn't have a clue what it was about :/
Reply 67
does it matter if you get the completeley wrong meaning of the poem?
Reply 68
Original post by Smit227
does it matter if you get the completeley wrong meaning of the poem?

Not if you justify it xD
apparently the unseen poem was a lesbian love story??? o.O
I thought it was passion expressed through music

Posted from TSR Mobile
exactly i talked about passion, life and melody/music and now i get told its to do with lesbians DX
Haha well that's still a passionate relationship so I suppose it could be interpreted that way?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what the Prose was from?
Original post by Kuna9613
Does anyone know what the Prose was from?

I think it said "Generation X" - I'm not 100% though 😊
Original post by aeturnium
I think it said "Generation X" - I'm not 100% though ������

Thank you! I found it of that piece of information; i really want to read it in the summer :3

But i think i panicked in the exam and referred to the author as female
-_________________-
Reply 76
Original post by Kuna9613
Thank you! I found it of that piece of information; i really want to read it in the summer :3

But i think i panicked in the exam and referred to the author as female
-_________________-

Could a done worse xD
i can't believe the poem was about a relationship, I genuinely thought it was about music :frown:

I completely ran out of time as well, my section C was abysmal and had hardly any points because I had like 20 minutes left

and this was a resit for me, got a C in it last time, i've kind of given up on getting into uni now
Reply 78
Okay guys I'm ****ting myself. For the poetry question, I did Work btw, I compared Thoughts After Ruskin by Elma Mitchell to Father by Elaine Feinstein on the irony question. At the time I thought that Thoughts After Ruskin was ironic, but the more I think about it now, I realise there's no irony. Does anyone know if I can still get the AO2 and AO3 marks even if the poems I chose are irrelevant to the question?
Original post by F.A.A.96
Okay guys I'm ****ting myself. For the poetry question, I did Work btw, I compared Thoughts After Ruskin by Elma Mitchell to Father by Elaine Feinstein on the irony question. At the time I thought that Thoughts After Ruskin was ironic, but the more I think about it now, I realise there's no irony. Does anyone know if I can still get the AO2 and AO3 marks even if the poems I chose are irrelevant to the question?

I studied work poetry as well (although I chose the other question)
I don't have the poem in front of me but if I did the the irony question I would have chosen Thoughts After Ruskin too. I think it's ironic because the poet is challenging the stereotypical perceptions of women, E.g. women are depicted as masculine in the poem whereas men are out doing the more delicate work... But at the end of the poem the woman reverts back to the roses etc
I'm sure you have done better than you think either way! :smile: how did you find the rest of the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending