The Student Room Group

Is AAAB at AS Levels acceptable when applying to Oxford?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MouseyBrown
It's funny because I have exactly the same concern, even though I'm not taking my exams until next year. I just don't quite click with the English Lit like I do my other subjects.

I used to think AAAB would spell disaster, but from what I have read it actually doesn't, especially if you are predicted to go on and get an A. Obviously it can depend on what you are applying for - for me it wouldn't matter as much because I want to study History.

Basically, there are plenty of other ways to make up for any possible disadvantage that comes with a B in English.

Obviously, though, somebody who is actually at Oxford may be more accurate!

Getting a B in one of your key subjects (e.g. B is maths for a maths degree) would be a disaster, however it won't hurt you too much if you have a B in an unrelated subject and have good predictions.
Ideally AAAAA or AAAA
I applied with AAAD and I got an interview at Magdalen College. I got pooled and reinterviewed at Brasenose College as I came in the middle of the candidates. When you get to interview stage you are on a level playing field with every other applicant

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending