The Student Room Group

OCR Latin Language AS 22nd May 2014

Hello, this is the official page for the OCR Latin Language AS paper on 22nd May 2014. Post questions, predictions etc. in the run up to the exam and unofficial mark schemes + questions after the paper.

Scroll to see replies

Sooo scared for that exam
1st translation should be fine
Cicero is going to be absolutely awful
[QUOTE="Wiggledinho;47707514"]1st translation should be fine
Cicero is going to be absolutely awful[/QUOTE

I'm doing prose composition lol. I hope it's okay
Reply 4
It should be alright. We'll see ... I just hate small words like quoad and tantum and uterque and omnino, because the second you forget one it's a major error.
Crazy to think that tomorrow will be the last Latin unseen translation that I ever do after 6 years . . .
How did you all find it???
Reply 7
Original post by memoona123456
How did you all find it???

I thought section A went well, but struggled with the Cicero section: particularly the clause which started 'si vere...'.
I found the Cicero actually easier than Section A...bit worrying...
Original post by rosieserena
I found the Cicero actually easier than Section A...bit worrying...

I agree with you, I struggled with the dialogue part of Section A the most :frown:
I would agree there, I found the Cicero unnervingly easy compared to the Section A, but overall, I think it was a fair exam.
Yes. I think they made up for a relatively challenging 70 markers with an easier 30 mark Cicero passage. I think quite a few people struggled with the sentence 'id faciam si mihi fidem dederis quam postulo.' I put 'I shall do it, if you give to me the loyalty which I demand.'
Yehhhh I put that that too!!!!!
I did the prose composition not the Cicero.... I think it was okay
Reply 14
Section A was pretty hard i thought. The word 'remotis' was in there - its not on the vocab list but were we meant to just know that it was 're' - 'motis' as in something to do with moving back? The phrase was 'omnibus militibus remotis' I think I actually just put 'with all the soldiers having been removed'
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by br13
Section A was pretty hard i thought. The word 'remotis' was in there - its not on the vocab list but were we meant to just know that it was 're' - 'motis' as in something to do with moving back? The phrase was 'omnibus militibus remotis' I think I actually just put 'with all the soldiers having been removed'

yeah thats exactly what I put :biggrin:
Reply 16
First line 'Ubi Hannibal puer erat novem annorum, pater eius in Hispaniam proficiscens Iovi sacrificium fecit.'
When Hannibal was a boy of 9 years..... anyone want to offer what they got for that next part?
Hahahah i got stuck on that next part, what did you put?
Reply 18
his father setting out to Spain he made a sacrifice to Jupiter............. eugh something like that... couldn't figure out how to make the present participle and past tense fit together!
(edited 9 years ago)
His father made a sacrifice to Jupiter while setting out for Spain

Quick Reply

Latest