The Student Room Group

Considering revising last min

Tips and methods for \Revision and cramming. Actually mainly cramming for sciencey subjects. bio,chem,phys
past papers vs learning which first priority when late in the game

anyone doing F212/4/5 CHEM2/4/5 or G484/5
(edited 9 years ago)
Why are you 'considering revising last min'? Considering suggests that you have a choice, whether to revise last minute or not, the latter option is rarely a good idea.
I'm doing G484 and G485 too this summer and I also feel I've left it a bit late and am now having to resort to cramming. I would say focus on looking at mark schemes and learning definitions, some are guaranteed to come up and they're an easy couple of marks. Once you've done that, look through the papers to identify topics where they ask you to write long answers explaining something. Some topics (such as MRI scans, PET scans, evolution of the universe etc.) are frequently examined in this way and the mark schemes are usually quite similar. Learn how to answer these questions. Then make sure you know what all of the equations are used for and, if you have time, practise doing questions involving them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
last min revision rarely works out mate but good luck nevertheless!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
boss it like me
Reply 5
Original post by LostGear

Posted from TSR Mobile

depends how good your memory is, for my as levels i started revising 2 weeks prior to exams still got B's
Original post by LostGear

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could have just +1 repped my comment, I need the reps! :frown:

#repstruggle #toughlife
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jjmichaeljadson
You could have just +1 repped my comment, I need the reps! :frown:

#repstruggle #toughlife

sorry mate I have reached my limit:frown:
but it's very easy to gey repped on tsr!

I started from the bottom(1 gem) and now I am here 3 gems:biggrin:
Mate good luck with that, I'm doing the same subjects, all A2 + 1 physics resit, and even with three weeks straight of pure revision it's going to be a tight squeeze. Don't leave it that late if you have a choice.
Original post by lostgear
sorry mate i have reached my limit:frown:
but it's very easy to gey repped on tsr!

I started from the bottom(1 gem) and now i am here 3 gems:d

2 gems, yeeeeeessssssssssssssss woop woop!:smile: I am no longer a peasant in the TSR world, I shall now look down upon those below me, mwahahahahaah.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest