The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh right is it that one where they have a competition to see who can pull the most unattractive girl? That is really sick.
Pencil Queen
A bit like f**k a fresher week...a sad little game for sad little boys with sad lonely little penises :biggrin:

Argh, does that exist in every uni?
randdom
Do you think that the government plans to make every type of sexual contact illegal under the age of 16 are a good idea or a bad idea.
The other extreme of the argument is that the age of consent should be lowered to 14 what do people think. Or do you think the age of consent is the fine as it is?

Amazing idea, considering that the UK has the highest rate of teen pregnancy in Europe. :rolleyes:
Reply 23
The site for legal consent ages, for all over the world.

http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm

Interesting to see that Equador = undefined...
Howard
Ouch! That hurt! Way below the belt! :eek:

And the target of "pull a pig night" is supposed to feel flattered at being labelled a pig?
bono
Amazing idea, considering that the UK has the highest rate of teen pregnancy in Europe. :rolleyes:

And in the netherlands they have the lowest - despite their age of consent being 12 or something like that.
Reply 26
randdom
I guess but if you only sleep with people who you are in a relationship with then that is ok. If someone has lots of one night stands I wouldn't judge them but I personally wouldn't have a one night stands. I think personally I would only sleep with people I am in love with. If someone wants to have lots of partners as an adult I don't see what is wronge.

But I maintain that having fewer partners should be taught in schools. Why do you think sexually transmitted diseases/infections are constantly increasing? Because people are having sex with more people. "Safe sex" isn't safe sex - it's only safeR. People are having more and mroe sexual partners, many of whom don't use condoms because it IS a monogamous relationship, but lasts ,say 4 years? And then THAT person moves onto someone else and has another short-ish monogamous relationship in which they don't use condoms, and then perhaps they break up and have a one night stand... etc etc. Seriously, I think it's in the nation's interests to promote having fewer sexual partners.

Bloody hell, in Iran it's illegal to be gay!
Mysticmin
And in the netherlands they have the lowest - despite their age of consent being 12 or something like that.

Fair enough, but I don't think that lowering the age of consent would help the UK's problem.

And that Northern Ireland is 17 :confused:
bono

The same as Florida
Reply 31
bono
Why is that a problem?
bono
Fair enough, but I don't think that lowering the age of consent would help the UK's problem.

Does anyone read the Sunday Times? Because in last week's edition, there was an article on how much of the high teenage pregnancy rate was to blame on the teen magazines such as bliss/sugar/mizz which have an increasing amount of sexually orientated articles. Although these magazines are targeted at say 14 year olds, they're actually read by ten year olds in junior school.
Reply 33
Pencil Queen
And that Northern Ireland is 17 :confused:
Youngest Age of Consents:

Netherland
Malta
Chile
Colombia
Mexico

All with 12.

And Equador is "not defined"
Iran = "None outside marriage" [So all those 4 year old, better pucker up]
Oman/Pakistan = None
It's fourteen in china?!?? :confused: Now that is unexpected!
Reply 35
Pencil Queen
The same as Florida
As well as half of the USA states
Reply 36
The program on channel 4 a while ago which showed that there was no link between the age of concent and the average age for loosing your virginity.
Pencil Queen
The same as Florida

Is it just me or do you lot find that ironic?
randdom
The program on channel 4 a while ago which showed that there was no link between the age of concent and the average age for loosing your virginity.

That's understandable, if you want to lose it, you generally can without anyone finding out.
Youngest Age of Consents:
Iran = "None outside marriage" [So all those 4 year old, better pucker up]

Yes but that hardly happens at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending