The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Sad.Lonely Don't know what to do.

I'm not usually the type to post soppy ,depressing stuff on TSR ,lately this has been getting me down.I know there's some lovely people here on TSR who will understand and help me out.

I'm 18,going to the 19 this year.Hopefully I'll be starting university in September .
I've become so depressed ,sad and miserable.I used to be happy
(Well think I was anyway).
Recently I've been feeling down.
I've always kept my self to myself .
I have never really had a close group of friends ,only in primary school.When I got to secondary school I had a few close friends however they liked to go out most of the time which I didn't so I would stay at home or go out with family.
Sixth form came and I thought I would finally get a close groups of friends but I was wrong .The sixth form I went to was divided into 5 large groups of friends .So I kept myself to myself again.At break and lunch times I would go to the library or sit in a classroom listening to music on my own.Everyone I've met at sixth form is really nice ,the nicest people I've met to date but they have their own life in a way outside school.They are always having parties, get togethers,nights out and seem to enjoy and love life .
And there's me ,always sat in my room on a Friday and Saturday might or the library.
I feel like I'm missing out and don't know what my purpose in life is anymore

A few weeks ago we left sixth form ,and had the leavers assembly .After ,everyone left in large groups went drinking ,partying ,to the pub etc (Fb tells it all) .I went home .That was the lowest of the low.
I feel hopeless ,I don't have a job (My parents are against juggling a-levels and a job.I hope to find one after the exams).I feel poor .My parents are not the richest people out there, we have necessities not luxuries .The last thing I want to do is ask my them for money because as it is I know they are struggling to pay the bills,keep the house warm and keep us fed.I feel like I have nothing.
At times I cry till it hurts when I think about it all.
:frown:
Any advice
(edited 9 years ago)
I have sort of felt like this.

i was depressed and poor, I compared myself to others and felt inferior, so I became narcissistic, depressed, developed a complex, I wanted others to like me and talk to me and tell me how great i was, wanted to be superior to everyone else to solve my problems and then hopefully they will like me, became suicidal, I began to think about all the things I don't have and wanted,

I don't know how, but somehow I got better, analysed what made me sad, worked on solving it,

When you realise other people cannot make you happy, they cannot solve your problems.
Being grateful, and stop trying to leech off people, I became my own person, and people naturally wanted to be around me.

The problem is you have analysed your set of circumstances, your life, compared it to theirs, felt inferior, worthless, and this triggered a depression.

is poor - feels inferior - blames self - has low self esteem - thinks they are worthless - doesn't feel good enough - depression . and repeat cycle .
the solution isn't become rich. that only masks the problem.

Why feel inferior ? feeling inferior comes from low self esteem
low self esteem is caused by hating yourself and having insecurities,
what are you insecure about ? social anxiety, being seen as a poor person, being laughed at ?
what do you hate about yourself

I can't give you any "advice" .
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest