The Student Room Group

English language writing paper WJEC 3rd June 2014

How are people revising for the writing paper ? Any tips to secure the highest bands ?

I find it difficult to write reviews so how do people go about writing it ? Since it hasn't come up yet, it's looking very likely !! :mad:
Reply 1
im just crossing my fingers that i do well, my grades are what you could call volatile, and vary from high 90%s to low 60%s. lets hope tomoroow is an easy exam :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by kelefi
im just crossing my fingers that i do well, my grades are what you could call volatile, and vary from high 90%s to low 60%s. lets hope tomoroow is an easy exam :tongue:

Hope so ! What do you predict will come up this year in the writing paper ? And do you know to answer question 4 in the reading?
Reply 3
i think so,
it will be a compare and contrast questions without a conclusion (i think)
if you have no guidelines write 4 paragraphs.
you should aim to make 5-8 PEEs.

if you are given bullet points to write about, WRITE ABOUT THEM.

it terms of the PEEs: 1 PEE = 1 comparison OR 1 contrast. you do not need an equal number of comparisons and contrasts :smile:

no idea what will come up :redface:

how do you answer quetion 2 and 3???
Reply 4
Original post by kelefi
i think so,
it will be a compare and contrast questions without a conclusion (i think)
if you have no guidelines write 4 paragraphs.
you should aim to make 5-8 PEEs.

if you are given bullet points to write about, WRITE ABOUT THEM.

it terms of the PEEs: 1 PEE = 1 comparison OR 1 contrast. you do not need an equal number of comparisons and contrasts :smile:

no idea what will come up :redface:

how do you answer quetion 2 and 3???

Question 2 is usually an impressions or thoughts and feelings question. Pick out 6-8 relevant pieces of information from the text and make inferences about them. For question 3 , it is usually a 'how' question where you must pick out language techniques. Talk about the effect of using the title and images and I use the AFOREST rule:

A-lliteration
F-lattery
O-pinion
R-hetorical questions
E-motive language
S-tatistics and facts
T-riplets

Remember to always talk about the effects that these techniques have !! Hope I helped :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest