The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Top_Hat
I didn't like it at all to be honest, hated that section A with a passion. The section B was fairly standard with a nice 6 marker but I couldn't find that electrostatic force on the -3e ion for the life of me!

i believe you had to find the velocity given the KE and then rearrange to find the time it took to cover the distance, calcualte the acceleration and sub into F=ma thats what i did.
Good, can we assume the exam was fatal then? That makes me feel better.
Original post by The_Top_Hat
I didn't like it at all to be honest, hated that section A with a passion. The section B was fairly standard with a nice 6 marker but I couldn't find that electrostatic force on the -3e ion for the life of me!

I actually found section B quite difficult :frown: I couldn't get that either! I was so irritated trying to find out how to do it! I calculated answers but almost definitely wrong ones :/
Original post by Geesus2512
i believe you had to find the velocity given the KE and then rearrange to find the time it took to cover the distance, calcualte the acceleration and sub into F=ma thats what i did.

Not for [2 marks] you don't. But good work around none the less.
what values did people get for their electric field strength? (for the 3e-)
Original post by HannahCRJ
I actually found section B quite difficult :frown: I couldn't get that either! I was so irritated trying to find out how to do it! I calculated answers but almost definitely wrong ones :/

Meh, normally I'm ok on section A and section B has always been fine but that section A was horrific for me. Maybe minimum 15? But the section B should be a bit better I suppose, maybe 40/50? Something like that I hope. At least an A would be good... :frown:
What did people get for the force of attraction between the earth and satellite?? 2500N?
Reply 47
Original post by JamesJC
Don't know why you guys found it hard, I. Reckon grade boundaries will be something like:

74-A*
72-A
67-B
64-C

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe divide those by 10.

Judging by the body language of the 200 people coming out of my exam doing it I can conclude that everyone found impossible.

All my mates I have spoken too found it really hard aswell, a couple of them who were aiming for A's missed out whole massive sections.

You had to use the equation work done= force * distance. But your method seems good as well. Usually there are like 3 different methods
should have been 3sf i believe so 2450N i think
Original post by KingSolomon
What did people get for the force of attraction between the earth and satellite?? 2500N?
what values did people get for their electric field strength? (for the 3e-)

something round 15000? After this exam bye bye firm uni :frown:
I need an A* to study physics at uni and there is not a chance in hell thats happening. I had plenty of time left over when doing past papers and i barely finished this.
should have been 3sf i believe so 2450N i think

Yeah that's definately correct as it worked in the proof later and needed 3sf
Original post by JamesJC
Don't know why you guys found it hard, I. Reckon grade boundaries will be something like:

74-A*
72-A
67-B
64-C

Posted from TSR Mobile

If those are even near to correct them I am in trouble!
Original post by abdcefghi
something round 15000? After this exam bye bye firm uni :frown:

yeah i feel the same! erm i think i got 14145 so yeah.. just had to do F/Q=E so even if the force was calculated wrong (which it probably has because it was a hard question for 2 marks) follow through marks should be awarded
Original post by abdcefghi
Yeah that's definately correct as it worked in the proof later and needed 3sf

Yeah okay I put it as 2450 too. That's good to hear
bloody hell! how could i have forgot that?!

Original post by Physicsrules23
You had to use the equation work done= force * distance. But your method seems good as well. Usually there are like 3 different methods

Don't worry your method seems pretty legit too, though it may have meant you spent more time than needed

I can't believe I forgot that too :frown:
Good god that was awful. I found section B to be much harder than section A but maybe that's me.
At any rate, I think I'm going to have to really pull something special out for unit 5 after that :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending