The Student Room Group

Exam Pet Peeves?

Scroll to see replies

I've heard of this girl that writes notes/answers all over her body (arms/belly) and conviently retreats for the toilet. (*_*)
When the invigilators stand next to you and tap their foot and move about and lean over your shoulder and just generally be distracting. Happened this morning when I was doing my Maths exam and I could not concentrate at all.
Reply 22
I had someone near me in my chemistry exam today who would not stop farting. Nothing worse than nervous exam farts.
Reply 23
Examiner reading what you are writing as they pass by reallllllyyyy slowly :mad:
Wobbly desk has to be THE most annoying thing :angry:, had one in my FP3 exam recently and its impossible to write quickly

Also find it annoying when your right next to the boiling hot radiator when its like 25 centigrade outside, had that in a couple of my AS exams last year

Invigilators that stand there and look at you/ over your shoulder is distracting as well - or when they say that they will tell you when theres 5 mins left, and then don't :angry:

Before an exam there's always at least one girl saying "OMG, OMG I'm going to fail, OMG!", which is another frustrating thing

SO many things that are annoying in exams!

Oh, well, good luck everyone :biggrin:
Original post by JoshDingri
Anyone care to share their pet peeves related to exam season?

Mine would be:

People that come out of exams saying how easy it was when others clearly are stressed about it.

Literally we finished our comp1 and my friends were saying it was so hard, then some dick comes past "wow, that was piss easy haha, some people are saying it was hard, how stupid are they"

Damn these people :angry:

Anyways, what are yours?

Those people that are like: 'no i did't revise AT ALL' 'i went to sleep early last night' and end up with A* and its soo obvious they revised their arse off.
Those clever people that are like: omg im going to fail, im going to get like a D, and end up with A*, like really stfu.
Then there are those people who have no reason to be arrogant and are like: that was sooo easy, i think i got like an A then they end up with a C.
Actually a friend of mine was putting me down during the mocks and was soooo sure she would get an A*... she got a C, i got an A
Ouch.
Reply 26
My actual exams are perfectly done (invigilators are so professional, they have everything at hand and are really quiet and don't walk around, instead they just position themselves around the room).
The most annoying thing for me is just before the candidates called into the exam room, where people are hurriedly talking to their friends about a specific topic like "omg omg if it's this, what do you do". just stfu and let others (like me) remain calm and away from your last minute babble -.-
1. Wobbly chairs or desks
2. People coughing and sniffling really badly
3. Invigilators taking ages to come to you if you're in need of help
4. People arriving late to the exam hall
5. People forgetting their stationary and needing to borrow some things
6. Not having enough time left to finish your answer
7. Forgetting important information from a question and feeling stupid after
8. People who leave earlier than you in the exam
9. Very hot exam rooms (cannot concentrate in a humid, hot environment)
10. People complaining about the lack of revision they've done just before entering the exam hall
I'm pretty chilled out during exams but reading this thread i realised i'm one of those that does a lot of these things.

I'd like to apologise to everyone that sat an exam with me.

Also, i breathe ridiculously loudly as well which probably annoys people. I apologise for that as well.
Sniffing - oh my effing God, in Physics today someone was at it every two seconds, get a tissue :angry:
When Invigilators wear really squeaky shoes and don't have the decency to sit down :unimpressed:
People who forget things, Like seriously f*cking hell you're in an a level exam and don't have a calculator
Reply 31
I think the moral of the story is if you don't get annoyed by these things, you're probably the person doing them. Hahah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
We have invigilators that check their phones. One went over to my friend saying they like their tattoo on their shoulder and if she had anymore in a sociology exam and the same person crunched on an apple all of the way through! I also sit behind a person who wraps one leg around his chair and the other around the table and tries to balance for concentration -_- he always wobbled and seeing someone rock backwards and forwards is very offputting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
One of my invigilators started having a private phone call to the exams officer on the phone. How distracting during the middle of an exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
When you have your hand up for a good 5 minutes without any of the invigilators seeing you, and then they all sport you at once and race quickly around the room to give you a tissue, before eventually finding out that you needed more paper, which they rush to find...only to find out the exam has just finished.
I'm one of those people who bangs into things a lot. All I do is turn my page and i manage to bang my elbow on the table really loudly! Or I'll shuffle in my seat and it turns out to be a really creaky chair. Can't stand sniffles or loud breathing though. Why do people have to breathe loudly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crayolaguy
When I get the wonky damn table that won't just stay upright and keeps wobbling and I just have to deal with it and hold it down with one hand. Also people who finish early and sit infront of their paper with it closed even though theres 10 minutes left GRRRRRR. You aren't winning any style points buddy just check your ****ing work you smug piece of ****.

Dudeeee, i had one of those wonky tables when i did my GCSEs! :hmpf:
[QUOTE="JoshDingri;47990813"]People that come out of exams saying how easy it was when others clearly are stressed about it.

Someone in my AQA Physics unit 2 exam asked at the start if he could leave early when he finishes. When told he hadn't even seen what the exam was like yet, he said something like "it's gonna be easy, I've got a feeling".

The worst thing was the over-compensating micropenis was absolutely right. It was piss easy for most people.

Kinda suspicious actually.
I must admit I'm often one of the viscous scribblers and in core 1 this yea and various others last year, I was sat with my paper closed in the last 10 minutes because I can only check so many times before I start imagining mistakes.

It really annoys me when people seem to drop the entire contents of their pencil case on the floor during various points in the exam. I understand that the odd pen falls off your desk but some people seem to drop a different stationery item every few minutes. I had someone near me for science and maths exams last year that dropped their calculator in every single exam!

I also had someone next to me in my English lit exam last year who instead of moving their chair slightly forward, picked up their desk and moved it towards them because they weren't sat close enough to it.
I sit my exams with only 1 invigilator, so every time someone needs the toilet they have to ring the school office to send someone over, get's so annoying -.-

Quick Reply

Latest