The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

I logged in etc. and it was working fine...
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 81
yeah got my account on there, but what puzzles me is the section which says "After you have registered, you should pay your tuition fee now" or something...
Reply 82
Rofl
yeah got my account on there, but what puzzles me is the section which says "After you have registered, you should pay your tuition fee now" or something...

It means when you've registered for your course once we get there. First years have to register in person at uni (its in the student handbook when you have to do it: depends on department). Registering also gets us our student loan

In future years we can register for our course online.
Reply 83
Thanks.
Reply 84
Btw I'm Mechanical Engineering, entry 2006, Pembidge Halls
Reply 85
love2learn7
Although i am organised, i seem to be one of those that just evades everything like "ooo have you done that bla bla thing yet?"

Think im going to have to ask around frequently lol

Yeah, I've pretty much got the same attitude. Completely clueless with regards to student loans etc, I don't even think I read the terms and conditions but rather just filled in the required fields etc.

When I receive some instructions, I just skim it until it gets to the point, and then do it without the slightest care in the world apart from the fact that it's off my load.
Reply 86
Hmm, I'm sure I put my name down on this thread, but evidently not.

Medicine, starting this year
Medicine 2006
Reply 88
biomed! *fingers crossed*
Reply 89
Me in MSc Finance 2006/07....well rite, i m in Tanaka..but it's part of IC..
Applying 4 entry 2007. Theoretical physics.
Reply 91
love2learn7
are you in, or applying?

applying- havent got any response yet :frown: what about you?
Reply 92
username: wazf
subject: Electrical &. Elctronic Engineering
Reply 93
3E start at 2007

UCL is really really XXXXXXXX!!! Their process is soooooooooooo slow!!! I returned the letter said i was unable to attend the interview on 6,DEC(Because ihave got the IC's one)... 2weeks' gone, nothing came back...stupid UCL
I would like to ask especially Oldmansteptoe or LBC213 how studying at Physics on Imperial looks like, what costs of living are in London, what the programme of such course is, where I could find accomodation in London or near London and what the costs are, How much points I should receive from my IB examinations to get on this course, what the possibilities of finding job are after graduating on physics degree in the UK, whether there is possibility not to work as a scientist after graduating such course or not? If yes, what such possibility is? Thanks for any information. :smile:
Reply 95
Computing, third year.

Used to be on here ages ago.
raulgonzales
I would like to ask especially Oldmansteptoe or LBC213 how studying at Physics on Imperial looks like,

Do you mean to employers? To employers, its quite an attractive course, of course Imperial being one of the best universities around and a physics degree is quite well respected for a whole variety of jobs. I know people with physics degrees doing PhDs, Masters in econ/finace, media, banking, etc etc

what costs of living are in London,

Depends on your lifestyle. If you are a party person and/or someone who buys a lot on impulse, London can be bad for the wallet. Apart from that, it is not too bad, also depends on which part of London you live, around Imperial things tend to be expensive.

what the programme of such course is,

What do you meant "programme"? What you learn on the 4 years?

where I could find accomodation in London or near London and what the costs are,

Well, you will have to find accomodation in London, anything more than 1 hour of travel to college is going to be pretty bad to keep up with. Generally, if you look around you find good accomodation. Don't settle on the 1st thing that comes up, I was close to signing 3 contracts for an apartment before I found the one I'm living in now.

How much points I should receive from my IB examinations to get on this course,

I'm not sure on exact requirements, check with the course admissions tutor, but I imagine it will be somewhere around the 36-38 mark.

what the possibilities of finding job are after graduating on physics degree in the UK, whether there is possibility not to work as a scientist after graduating such course or not If yes, what such possibility is? Thanks for any information. :smile:

Yes, after doing a physics degree you can work in many areas outside of science, like I wrote above, I know people in many areas having done physics. I think one of the most popular non-physics jobs that people from Imperial go into is banking and finance, where Imperial students, esp. physicists are in good demand.

Hope that helps.
Reply 97
hey i retook my first yr of AS and i am now predicted 3As in A2. My ucas has still not been sent by my director of sixth form, how slim do u fink my chances are to get into imperial for civil enigineering
No need to post the same question in 3 different threads. If people want to answer, they will regardless of the thread title.
Reply 99
I got in for Civil in OCt 07,

LOOKING FORWARD, 6 morre months

Latest

Trending

Trending