The Student Room Group

changing name

How do I change my name (privacy concern)
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
How do I change my name (privacy concern)

Are you trying to change your name in real life? Or are you trying to change your username here on TSR? If it's the latter then just click here and follow the instructions in the "Change username" box.
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
Are you trying to change your name in real life? Or are you trying to change your username here on TSR? If it's the latter then just click here and follow the instructions in the "Change username" box.

I just want to change my username on TSR but when i click on that link it just takes me to a place where i an delete my account
I just want to change my username on TSR but when i click on that link it just takes me to a place where i an delete my account

OK. Let's try doing it old school. If you select your avatar on the top menu, then open My TSR, then Account, you should see an "Edit my login settings" option. Try selecting that.

Edit my login settings.jpg

Also, have you changed you user name before? The instructions you should reach say, "You only get to change your username once every 12 months.". Perhaps it redirects you to a "delete my account" page if you've changed your username within the last 12 months?
Reply 5
Original post by DataVenia
OK. Let's try doing it old school. If you select your avatar on the top menu, then open My TSR, then Account, you should see an "Edit my login settings" option. Try selecting that.

Edit my login settings.jpg

Also, have you changed you user name before? The instructions you should reach say, "You only get to change your username once every 12 months.". Perhaps it redirects you to a "delete my account" page if you've changed your username within the last 12 months?

I have tried that but it doesn't work which is probably because I only created this account a few weeks ago. I was just wondering if there was anyway to change my name without deleting my account.
I have tried that but it doesn't work which is probably because I only created this account a few weeks ago. I was just wondering if there was anyway to change my name without deleting my account.

Hi there,

If you reach out and email [email protected] then someone should be able to help you :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi there,

If you reach out and email [email protected] then someone should be able to help you :smile:

thank you :smile:
thank you :smile:

Welcome :smile: Have a nice evening!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending