The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I'm so unprepared! I've still not fully formed my lesson plan and I'm barely ready for the interview... I guess we'll just have to see what happens on Weds :indiff:
Got my lesson titles through.

I have a vague idea what I want to do but worried about how much knowledge I can assume.
Original post by JessDola92
The application is pretty tough...an indication of what we should expect from the two years?!

There's a section on the website that explains course in quite a lot of detail over those two years. Might be helpful in answering that question.
Just heard back from my AC. Unsuccessful :frown: I admit I am a bit surprised. Sort of wish they'd told me the day after and not drawn it out for nearly a week. Oh well.

Best of luck to everyone who has their AC this week :smile:
Original post by Lashton
Just heard back from my AC. Unsuccessful :frown: I admit I am a bit surprised. Sort of wish they'd told me the day after and not drawn it out for nearly a week. Oh well.

Aww sorry to hear it chick. Just had a reply that I was unsuccessful too so I know how you feel.

No matter though, there's a million other doors just opened up for us - always for the better I say! Onwards and upwards :smile:
Original post by numanuma
Aww sorry to hear it chick. Just had a reply that I was unsuccessful too so I know how you feel.

No matter though, there's a million other doors just opened up for us - always for the better I say! Onwards and upwards :smile:

Aw sorry you were unsuccessful too :frown:

You are right though, plenty of other options! And should we choose to apply again next year, we'll know exactly what to expect :smile:
Reply 186
If anyone has been unsuccessful, would they mind sharing why? Sorry to hear if you were :frown:
Is it just me or is the CKA really hard? xD
Reply 188
Original post by Lashton

I'm sorry to hear! What's your next course of action? Will you be trying again next year? Did they give you any advice on what you could have improved?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mel0n
I'm sorry to hear! What's your next course of action? Will you be trying again next year? Did they give you any advice on what you could have improved?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. They haven't told me but I've asked for feedback so hopefully will hear back from them soon. I'm unsure of what to do next. What I like about Teach First is the fact they are aiming to help underprivileged children. And they train the best teachers! So I might apply again next year. The problem is that I would be 28 years old by the time I start the LDP (if they accept me next time!) and I would like to start a family at some point. Also, I would be out of work for a year and I can't afford that. I think I might be leaning towards doing a PGCE, but then again, there's no guarantee of a job at the end of it and it would cost a bomb! Sorry this is a bit rambling lol. Trying to get my head round it!
Of course... Just waiting for feedback but will defo share when I get it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Submitted my application on Sunday and received an email today stating I'd been unsuccessful. Feel a little demotivated that I got shot down at the application stage, but life goes on.

Best of luck everyone! :smile:
Original post by Lashton
Thanks. They haven't told me but I've asked for feedback so hopefully will hear back from them soon. I'm unsure of what to do next. What I like about Teach First is the fact they are aiming to help underprivileged children. And they train the best teachers! So I might apply again next year. The problem is that I would be 28 years old by the time I start the LDP (if they accept me next time!) and I would like to start a family at some point. Also, I would be out of work for a year and I can't afford that. I think I might be leaning towards doing a PGCE, but then again, there's no guarantee of a job at the end of it and it would cost a bomb! Sorry this is a bit rambling lol. Trying to get my head round it!

Sorry to hear you were unsuccessful. Have you thought about applying for salaried school direct? I haven't applied for Teach First yet but if I'm unsuccessful, that's the next route I'm going to try. You get paid so avoid the cost of a PGCE and you work in a School so maybe more chance of a job afterwards? A couple of friends of mine are doing it this September. Good luck with whatever you choose!
Original post by BlankOne
Submitted my application on Sunday and received an email today stating I'd been unsuccessful. Feel a little demotivated that I got shot down at the application stage, but life goes on.

Best of luck everyone! :smile:

Sorry to hear it. What's your next plan of action? Any idea why you were unsuccessful?
Reply 194
Received an offer for English after my assessment day yesterday. So much to do though!

Also every practice numeracy test I've done so far, I've failed. I doubt I will manage to learn enough AND complete it successfully within 4 weeks. Might as well try though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mel0n
Received an offer for English after my assessment day yesterday. So much to do though!

Also every practice numeracy test I've done so far, I've failed. I doubt I will manage to learn enough AND complete it successfully within 4 weeks. Might as well try though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you will get there with practice. I think there are guides available as well. I'm sure there is a very limited variety of questions and you'll quickly become familiar with them.
Original post by redpaintednails
Sorry to hear you were unsuccessful. Have you thought about applying for salaried school direct? I haven't applied for Teach First yet but if I'm unsuccessful, that's the next route I'm going to try. You get paid so avoid the cost of a PGCE and you work in a School so maybe more chance of a job afterwards? A couple of friends of mine are doing it this September. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Thanks for this, I'll look into it :smile:
My AC is on Monday and I've just had another check up call from a recruiter. She told me that apparently, as we've applied this early, if we're unsuccessful at AC we can reapply in 6 months, so around Dec/January time. Obviously hoping to get in on Monday but if not, it's good to know we get another shot sooner that next year. Anyone else heard this?
Reply 198
Original post by Jobear92
My AC is on Monday and I've just had another check up call from a recruiter. She told me that apparently, as we've applied this early, if we're unsuccessful at AC we can reapply in 6 months, so around Dec/January time. Obviously hoping to get in on Monday but if not, it's good to know we get another shot sooner that next year. Anyone else heard this?

Can anyone confirm this? It definitely wasn't the case last year!
Original post by CM19
Can anyone confirm this? It definitely wasn't the case last year!

Obviously this is only my own experience I'm going off but she told me that last year they said 'no' to a lot of really great applicants, so thought that this year they'd give early applicants a second chance a little earlier.

Latest

Trending

Trending