The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys,
wanted to ask if you could do TeachFirst with a law degree?
I'm doing a law degree and have applied. It ultimately comes down to your A levels. Take a look at the criteria for teaching different subjects.
Well I just got rejected by Teach First, on a Sunday of all days! After months of them harassing me and convincing me that I stand a great chance, even with a 2:2, (even up until 10 minutes before my application) I get a rejection. Not only that, but I'm not allowed feedback. Waste of time. It's a shame as I like the layout of the programme. Good luck to anyone who was lucky enough to get accepted.
Hey everyone. For those of you who have been placed, did you get your first choice of region? Especially those of you who put London as your first choice.

Also, has anyone appealed their regional allocation?

thanks!
Hi again all, I need your help URGENTLY please! :smile:

I cannot find the list of I.D. documents we need for the QTS tests. No matter what links I follow or how many windows I open, I can't seem to find it. It's probably just me being stupid, but if anyone knows/could copy and paste the acceptable forms of I.D. that'd be a huge help. My tests are on Wednesday!
You need proof that you're enrolling in ITT (ie your offer letter) and a piece of photo ID like a driving licence or passport.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Purpular
You need proof that you're enrolling in ITT (ie your offer letter) and a piece of photo ID like a driving licence or passport.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much!
Reply 787
Anyone still on the application form, I started my application about a month ago and have been refining the answers, but when I logged on today, the questions have changed! Has anyone else noticed this?
Maybe they change every new year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! I have my assessment centre for teachfirst next Wednesday in London, anyone else got theirs coming up?
Reply 790
Thought I'd share the good news, my CKA got accepted first time and I have some really really great comments on my work! Feeling much more confident now :smile: bring on the summer institute!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 791
I do Law and I felt like Teach First really valued it!

I did English at A-Level so I am able to teach it :smile:
Reply 792
Original post by orrrange3
Hey everyone. For those of you who have been placed, did you get your first choice of region? Especially those of you who put London as your first choice.

Also, has anyone appealed their regional allocation?

thanks!

I got my first choice! Yorkshire.

I don't know about appealing the regional choice but I know someone who appealed their school choice and was able to move.
Hi, I am just wondering if anyone was applied for a PGCE alongside teach first? I know you cannot apply for TF if you already have an offer on a PGCE but I am just wondering about applying for a PGCE after gaining an offer from TF. I really want to do TF and am just worried about regional locations so would like to have a PGCE as a back-up
Original post by monkeyman1990
Well I just got rejected by Teach First, on a Sunday of all days! After months of them harassing me and convincing me that I stand a great chance, even with a 2:2, (even up until 10 minutes before my application) I get a rejection. Not only that, but I'm not allowed feedback. Waste of time. It's a shame as I like the layout of the programme. Good luck to anyone who was lucky enough to get accepted.

Hi Monkeyman, sorry you didn't get accepted. Did you get any help with your application? I went to a workshop with teachfirst about how to answer the competency questions and it really helped. They told you what they expected from the answers. I think without it I may have gone a bit wrong. They basically want you to show your knowledge of teachfirst at each step and really enforce their message throughout. Also there is a rule that if you had 3 or more typos you were automatically disqualified so I checked this really thoroughly!
Reply 795
Original post by emmarrrg1993
Thank you very much!

Just thought I'd add (in case you're still yet to take them) that you need another ID, but literally just something with your name and signature on it (a bank card would do). Good luck if you still need it!
Reply 796
Original post by CM19
Thought I'd share the good news, my CKA got accepted first time and I have some really really great comments on my work! Feeling much more confident now :smile: bring on the summer institute!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sick, that's so good, congratulations! Sorry to be a massive nuisance, but how long did it take them to get back to you/when did you submit your CKA?

Also what're you teaching etc? :smile:
Reply 797
Original post by shj
Sick, that's so good, congratulations! Sorry to be a massive nuisance, but how long did it take them to get back to you/when did you submit your CKA?

Also what're you teaching etc? :smile:

thanks! feedback was really quick, I heard like 3 days after but my subject isn't that common, I'm applying for secondary music. You? hoping to get London, if not I may have to pull out of the programme which I really don't want to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Assessment centre tomorrow, got a quick question I hope can get answered by tomorrow. I am aware that the assessors at the AC are unaware of what we study at university, they have little or no background information about us,but does that mean I can't mention what subject I do at uni? Can I refer to my university if in the interview they ask me competency questions and I use an example that has to do with uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tempaccount123
Assessment centre tomorrow, got a quick question I hope can get answered by tomorrow. I am aware that the assessors at the AC are unaware of what we study at university, they have little or no background information about us,but does that mean I can't mention what subject I do at uni? Can I refer to my university if in the interview they ask me competency questions and I use an example that has to do with uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, this didnt actually come up in my own AC but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use university experiences. good luck

Latest

Trending

Trending