The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying for English and just had a call from my recruiter person :smile: not sure I 100% want to do it but will give it a go and see.
Hi,
I just wondered how long it took Teach First to email you after you had submitted your application? I applied Friday morning and am worried they would have got in touch by now if they were going to accept me. Everyone else seems to have had a reply the next day. :frown:
Original post by holsieboo
Hi,
I just wondered how long it took Teach First to email you after you had submitted your application? I applied Friday morning and am worried they would have got in touch by now if they were going to accept me. Everyone else seems to have had a reply the next day. :frown:

It'll be within a week - I think they're getting busier now - especially with Assessment Centres starting. Don't worry! They'll get back to you soon.
For those who've had an assessment centre now, how did it go? :smile:
Original post by anyone_can_fly
For those who've had an assessment centre now, how did it go? :smile:

Not sure - was a fun experience regardless!

Don't worry too much. Just make sure you know all the competencies and the day will fly by.
Just finished my assessment centre... didn't feel like my interview or lesson went particularly well but still really enjoyed it. There was a good atmosphere and everyone was really lovely :smile:

actually, was anyone on here there today? We probably met!
Reply 106
I submitted my application yesterday and received an invite today. How do I request a different date?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 107
Original post by riotgrrl
Just finished my assessment centre... didn't feel like my interview or lesson went particularly well but still really enjoyed it. There was a good atmosphere and everyone was really lovely :smile:

The interview questions are the same as the competencies apparently so as long as you knew your answers well hopefully you will be fine! Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 108

Meeee! I'm really confident about everything other than the interview! Had a great day though, if I don't get through I'm ready to do some self-reflection for next year :tongue: haha
I started my Teach First application on the weekend. Have dedicated this week to getting it finished and submitted.

What subjects/year groups are you all hoping to teach/be placed in? :smile:
Original post by mel0n
The interview questions are the same as the competencies apparently so as long as you knew your answers well hopefully you will be fine! Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are based on the competencies, but some of them are still pretty tricky.

Original post by c_a_s
Meeee! I'm really confident about everything other than the interview! Had a great day though, if I don't get through I'm ready to do some self-reflection for next year :tongue: haha

I enjoyed it too :smile: Also a bit iffy about the interview but oh well.
Reply 111

I enjoyed it too :smile: Also a bit iffy about the interview but oh well.

Let me know as soon as you hear anything, good luck! I'd love for everyone from today to get through, everyone was so lovely :smile:
Just thought I'd say hi, I applied last year for defered entry so I'll be in this cohort too :smile: teaching secondary science and hoping for the North west- how about everyone else?
Hey all!

Just wanted to say hi and see if anyone had their assessment centre next Wednesday (the 9th)? Really excited/nervous!

To anyone who has already been to their assessment day, have you heard back? If yes, how long did it take?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!
Got an e-mail this morning.

Unsuccessful. Good luck to everyone else applying!
Reply 115
I had my assessment centre on Monday, and I got an email today telling me I got in! I got an offer for the 2015 cohort to teach Primary.

I still can't believe it!
Reply 116
Original post by draikzer
Got an e-mail this morning.

Unsuccessful. Good luck to everyone else applying!

Original post by susan94
I had my assessment centre on Monday, and I got an email today telling me I got in! I got an offer for the 2015 cohort to teach Primary.

I still can't believe it!

Congratulations Susan and sad to hear it Draikzer. I had my assessment centre yesterday and I just can't stop refreshing my emails! Do you mind saying how you felt the AC went for you both? I had a really good day and think I did well in everything other than the interview, just wanted to know if either of you had similar experiences!
Reply 117
Original post by c_a_s
Congratulations Susan and sad to hear it Draikzer. I had my assessment centre yesterday and I just can't stop refreshing my emails! Do you mind saying how you felt the AC went for you both? I had a really good day and think I did well in everything other than the interview, just wanted to know if either of you had similar experiences!

I felt that it went alright, just like you, the interview was definitely my worst bit, and the part I felt the least sure about. But I definitely felt good about my lesson and the group task. I definitely didn't expect to get in though, because it was so hard to tell during the day whether I was actually showing all of the competencies.

Good luck!
Congratulations Susan. :smile:

I've heard a lot of participants state they've received an email/call from a recruitment officer once they've started their application.

How long does it usually take for them to contact you? I'm half way through the competency questions, and should be ready to submit my application within the next few days!
Original post by BlankOne
Congratulations Susan. :smile:

I've heard a lot of participants state they've received an email/call from a recruitment officer once they've started their application.

How long does it usually take for them to contact you? I'm half way through the competency questions, and should be ready to submit my application within the next few days!

Heya, thought i'd randomly get involved if that's okay haha..!

I registered my interest & started my application on the Friday, sent it in on the Sunday & was invited to interview on the Monday. I had a call from my recruitment officer on Tuesday saying I'd done it all too quickly for him to contact me etc! haha. I think they're pretty quick on contacting you! And the guy I spoke to was so lovely, part of me wishes I had spoken to him before simply because he made me calm down a bit.

Best of luck to you! x

Latest

Trending

Trending