The Student Room Group

Anyone goes to Westminster Kingsway College?

Scroll to see replies

im looking to go next year to westminter kingsway can people please tell me what it is like as a school and the people that go/ the education. i have adhd so is there people that can help you,
Im a student and westking its my final year im doing health and social care & its okay not too bad, if ur lucky to have a nice teacher then ur blessed, but the majority of students are black, which was not a problem for me, if u have good friends its pretty fun, loads of things to do around or even just to go sit in smoking area is fun, however if u aint got friends it would get boring. Library is good for independent study and stuff.
And with adhd yes there are many people who can help
I’m looking to do the intensive course. Can anyone tell me a little bit about the application process. Do I apply online or wait till enrolment day? Also what is the entry test like?? Is it something that I have to prepare for??
Reply 24
You need to apply online. You then need to do a test for which you will be invited (usually end of June/beginning of July and one alternative mid Aug). It typically covers the first half of the first year of the course but you will get an email with exactly what you need to prepare for. Excellent course. I have done maths and chemistry last year and doing biology this year. Good luck
Original post by Munrhe
You need to apply online. You then need to do a test for which you will be invited (usually end of June/beginning of July and one alternative mid Aug). It typically covers the first half of the first year of the course but you will get an email with exactly what you need to prepare for. Excellent course. I have done maths and chemistry last year and doing biology this year. Good luck

Thank you. Do they allow you to retake two previous Alevels and perhaps pick up a new subject?? Is there maximum of only 2 Alevels you can complete on the intensive course? I’m thinking about dropping out of uni to retake my Alevels so I can do law at top uni but I want make sure that I have a good chance of getting onto the intensive course.
Reply 26
I am sure they would allow you to retake. Most people in my course are retaking. Doing more than 2 and getting a good enough result A/A* will be pretty tough and they discourage this (rightly so in my view having done 2 last year and getting those results but doing a third would have been too much for me). Maybe this is different for you as you retaking and I am doing from never having done them but I am a very self-motivated person and did tons of work so ....Can you not drop out of uni once you know in July after sitting the test?
Original post by Munrhe
I am sure they would allow you to retake. Most people in my course are retaking. Doing more than 2 and getting a good enough result A/A* will be pretty tough and they discourage this (rightly so in my view having done 2 last year and getting those results but doing a third would have been too much for me). Maybe this is different for you as you retaking and I am doing from never having done them but I am a very self-motivated person and did tons of work so ....Can you not drop out of uni once you know in July after sitting the test?

Dropping out of uni later is not really an option because they would charge me the full year rather than half the year. My last few questions are, do you complete an entry test for each of the alevel courses that you want to take? If I can start preparing now then I will because getting on this course means a lot to me. What are the fees like?
Reply 28
Yes re test for each subject. What subjects are you doing? Fees for full paying students like me are gbp1000
Original post by Munrhe
Yes re test for each subject. What subjects are you doing? Fees for full paying students like me are gbp1000

I want to retake sociology and psychology and perhaps pick up politics. Was you offered the advanced learner loan??
Reply 30
Original post by Chandler11
I want to retake sociology and psychology and perhaps pick up politics. Was you offered the advanced learner loan??

Ah sorry, my subjects are maths, biology and chemistry so cannot help. Re loan, I did not have the required stats for that
I dont think the college is good. Very poor teachers in A-Levels and its no fun. I dont attend lesson and revise alone because the teachers are terrible :frown:
Reply 32
Original post by Anonymous
I dont think the college is good. Very poor teachers in A-Levels and its no fun. I dont attend lesson and revise alone because the teachers are terrible :frown:

I totally disagree. At least state which a levels you are doing as you are not going to be doing all that are on offer. Thanks.
hi, I work in Caspian Hotel Broadway london. we can help also my manager I give you her mail, but tell her it's Mark agent ,at disposal
What text books do u use for chemistry and what exam board
Original post by Hay12
yeah the people there where really nice

What text book did u use for chemistry and what exam board?
Reply 36
hi do any of you ended up going theree?
I have been in this college doing digita media, maths and english GCSE's, to be honest with you the college is so bad, the teachers are so rude to the students and the students few of them are rude to each other. There is only one good teacher which is one of the best teachers I ever had and his name is Luke Chambers, he is an english teacher and he will help to get at least grade 5 in english GCSE. he is the only one!
I have been in this college doing digita media, maths and english GCSE's, to be honest with you the college is so bad, the teachers are so rude to the students and the students few of them are rude to each other. There is only one good teacher which is one of the best teachers I ever had and his name is Luke Chambers, he is an english teacher and he will help to get at least grade 5 in english GCSE. he is the only one!
Reply 39
Do they have exam boards for the intensive courses especially for bio, chem and maths because im thinking of retaking and i want to do the same ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending