The Student Room Group

To college students : does working with adults bother you?

I’m in Year 11 right now and one of the schools I want to go to after I finish this year (The Westminster Kingsway college) seems to accept people of all ages, which is something I’m not sure if I’m really comfortable with

so I want to ask if any other 16-19 y/o’s who are currently going / went to a school like that are comfortable with sitting lessons with adult + what percentage of your school are actually adults?
Original post by :33!
I’m in Year 11 right now and one of the schools I want to go to after I finish this year (The Westminster Kingsway college) seems to accept people of all ages, which is something I’m not sure if I’m really comfortable with

so I want to ask if any other 16-19 y/o’s who are currently going / went to a school like that are comfortable with sitting lessons with adult + what percentage of your school are actually adults?

When I just turned 16 I began studying at an engineering college on an apprenticeship scheme. Some in my college were my age but most were in their 20s and 30s. In my workplace, there were really only 2-3 people within 5 years of my age. I personally am really grateful for the experience and think being around more mature people helped me develop and focus on what is important rather than spending my free time going out/drinking as I likely would have done had I been surrounded by others my own age.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending