The Student Room Group

Shall I drop A2 for an access course??

Hi everyone

I am 18 and when i was 14 my parents took me to Nigeria until June 2012 when my year had just finished year 11. The last time I went to school was in year nine and up until I came back in June 2012, I had not been in education and my parents made me learn my culture , to cook clean etc until I had experienced "the real world". When I came back they realised what a huge mistake they made and realised education was important. That year I did a gcse package of sociology , psychology , business , humanities english and maths. I managed to get bcccce , which is pretty crap. I have just finished my As exams in Law, History and Sociology which was OK. I don't think I failed and I know I can meet the general a* aa requirement to do law at good unis if I really work hard. But my biggest fear is that I won't get into a good university due to my diabolical grades. So I am thinking of doing an access course , work hard to get distinctions and if I push myself I can get into Oxbridge and other respected universities because that's what I need . A lot of people will say it doesn't really matter what uni as long as you get a good degree but everyone knows it's getting tougher and standards are steadily rising. Help on what is the best option to do law.
Reply 1
A level stick at it

Quick Reply

Latest