The Student Room Group

2015 Graduate Programmes Applications

Seems about the right time to start one of these... everyone prepped for Deloitte/E&Y opening next week?..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What's the Deloitte process like this year? i read they changed it and got rid of the e-tray.

Any harder?
Reply 2
Yes, there's no e-tray but they've added a critical thinking test. Overall it's probably easier because there's no e-tray but they've switched from Kenexa to Pearsons who are very rough around the edges..

Don't particularly like the new structure of the tests. The maths tests are now open box instead of multiple choice and for the critical thinking test i'm not sure if this was intentional or not but the fricking timer starts counting down from the instructions page!!!
Good luck to everyone applying, make sure you research thoroughly and also focus on people skills for the interview process.
Original post by Squ33zed
Yes, there's no e-tray but they've added a critical thinking test. Overall it's probably easier because there's no e-tray but they've switched from Kenexa to Pearsons who are very rough around the edges..

Don't particularly like the new structure of the tests. The maths tests are now open box instead of multiple choice and for the critical thinking test i'm not sure if this was intentional or not but the fricking timer starts counting down from the instructions page!!!

What is the "critical thinking" one? Inferential reasoning? Also when you say rougher around the edges, how so? I'll have to seek out some practice tests for them.

Not too bothered about the e-tray going, however. Does Deloitte still eschew the assessment centres in lieu of the online tests/interview & short presentation?

Jobtestprep/Assessment day do good ones, btw, for anyone interested.
Reply 5
Original post by TCA2b
What is the "critical thinking" one? Inferential reasoning? Also when you say rougher around the edges, how so? I'll have to seek out some practice tests for them.

Not too bothered about the e-tray going, however. Does Deloitte still eschew the assessment centres in lieu of the online tests/interview & short presentation?

Jobtestprep/Assessment day do good ones, btw, for anyone interested.

Yeah basically, buts there are several subsections of different question types. inferential reasoning is one, there's also questions on the recognition of assumptions and evaluation of arguments.

They seem like they've been thrown together very quickly, the tests look like they were made 10 years ago. I also think the timer is broken, each subsection has its own set of instructions like EY test but the freaking timer continues ticking OVER the instructions AND the examples before each subsection which I don't think was intentional
Reply 6
I think it is intentional. In the instructions for the sample test it says the timer starts counting down once the first set of example questions appears, so why should it be any different for the actual test? But anyway, I'm just happy that I don't have to do the critical thinking test really :tongue: The sample test didn't seem too bad (yeah I'm that bored), but I'd much rather do another e-tray for some reason.
So it's basically part inferential reasoning, part verbal reasoning (I can never understand why they did away with these at many of these firms.) How did you prepare for them?
Reply 8
Hey, got an email from Deloitte around 10 days ago saying they will now review my whole application before offering an interview. They said they would get back in 3 working days, but its been 10 working days now. Anyone else not heard back?
Reply 9
I tried to take the critical thinking test for Deloitte but the test froze halfway through while the timer kept going. Has this happened to anyone else?
Reply 10
Original post by EddyP
I tried to take the critical thinking test for Deloitte but the test froze halfway through while the timer kept going. Has this happened to anyone else?

Screenshots would have been a good idea.

Talk to HR.
Reply 11
Original post by EddyP

Yes it also happened to me, but somehow I managed to pass it
Reply 12
Original post by Squ33zed
Yes it also happened to me, but somehow I managed to pass it

Somehow? You didn't contact them?
Reply 13
Original post by M1011
Somehow? You didn't contact them?

I took a screenshot and emailed my contact immediately after I had completed the test but I received the email saying I had passed shortly after. They've yet to respond to it.

I should add I closed and re-opened the test when this happened and that did the trick. I was able to complete the test though I would estimate I lost at least 3-4 minutes waiting for the questions to boot each time I had to close/open it again
Reply 14
Hey, anyone here applied for Graduate Consulting 2015? I got an email about three weeks ago saying they will now screen the application and get back to me in three working days, however I haven't heard anything back after this. Anyone else got the same email and heard/not heard back?
Original post by ekta9
Hey, anyone here applied for Graduate Consulting 2015? I got an email about three weeks ago saying they will now screen the application and get back to me in three working days, however I haven't heard anything back after this. Anyone else got the same email and heard/not heard back?

I'm having real difficulty navigating the website and working out what the application dates for this are. Are applications for Graduate Consulting 2015 entry still open? And do you know when it closes? How long ago did you apply? Thanks.
anyone done the deloitte 2015 numeracy stage of the application? how was it? are the questions a lot harder than the practise ones on the website? i know they have a different test provider to last year. Any info would be amazing :smile:
I believe it was easier than the practice test, certainly I do not remember any questions that were harder than the Eco dvd question. I also can't think of any question that I was stuck on, something that happened once or twice last year.

On the flip side I was unsure of the questions where you have to put the answers in manually but overall it was doable
(edited 9 years ago)
Do you have any background in mathematics? If GSCE mathematics is fresh in your memory, the tests tend to be easy, but on some of them the economics questions can be tricky.
Definitely just bombed the KPMG numerical... wow it was hard. Either that or I am REALLY bad at maths (might be the latter tbh :redface:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending