The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
andyreid
but do they go for black men?????

whats the evidence in that

who gets voted the sexiest man???? usually someone like bradpitt ben afflect,colin farrel,george clooney etc etc etc

they are probably the most popular amoungst all women

and as ive said black women date white men

Those magazines are owned by white people and inevatably white people will appear top of the lost.
My sister was watching this top ten sexiest premiership footballer programme and the number 1 slot went to Becham, I'm definately not gay but I know for a fact that there are countless better looking players.
Reply 21
MadNatSci
I go for people, not skin colours. Wouldn't care if they were black or white if I liked them enough.
Same here, gawd it's like asking why do girls go for dark haired guys as opposed to blondes, it's the person not their color.
Reply 22
AM1
I am entirely neutral on this issue. Having watched "Forbidden Fruit" on Channel 4 recently, I learned that many white girls find the allure of a dark-skinned male irresistable for various reasons. Famously, Britney Spears, Danni Minogue and Nicole Kidman have all recently "been" with black guys.

Basically, what do black guys "give" white girls, that they cant get from white guys. Why is the allure so irresistable?

Hey I definately feel that sometimes, not always, it is the whole "exotic skin" thing. I've seen it happen one too many times to dear friends of mine. Ok yeah sure personality counts too, but fundamentally it's the "I'd like to have a black guy/girl at least once" before I'm married scenario. I can't say that black people aren't guilty of doing the same thing in reverse. :rolleyes:
Reply 23
Dude
I think you may have the closest answer here. Nearly ever bloke on the planet goes for the blonde hair, blue eyed kinnd of girl. So maybe it's the same reason why girls go for black men.

Or maybe it's that whole "they have bigger equiment" thing.

Some phychologist has a strange view on why that is but I think it is kinda dirty :frown: and a bit strange. I am not gonna go into it unless anyone is particularly interested.
have you all ever noticed that when white men go out with black girls they go out with the most beautiful gorgeous ones, but when black men go out with white women they are always the meanest looking moose imaginable? it must be some kind of joke amongst black men (by the way, full offence intended to all the mean looking white mooses who go out with the black chaps) :smile:
Reply 25
randdom
Some phychologist has a strange view on why that is but I think it is kinda dirty :frown: and a bit strange. I am not gonna go into it unless anyone is particularly interested.

I am!
Reply 26
koldtoast
I am!

Well some people think that the reason is that as children most white people have blonde hair. The men want to ensure that all children from the union ar theirs and they think that younge women are more likely to be virgins so they are attracted to blondes because they think that they are younger and more likely to be virgins. It is phychological thing I believe.
Reply 27
randdom
Well some people think that the reason is that as children most white people have blonde hair. The men want to ensure that all children from the union ar theirs and they think that younge women are more likely to be virgins so they are attracted to blondes because they think that they are younger and more likely to be virgins. It is phychological thing I believe.

I dont even get why people think men prefer blondes. Personally I think it looks sort of pale. I prefer dark long hair though ultimately I dont care very much as long as I like the girl.
Reply 28
smaug
Im sure Random is right and that the allure of the unknown plays a big part. You may have noticed that a lot of white guys fancy oriental girls. That is surely the same thing.

hmm, really? I was always wondering what caucasians thought of oriental girls...like us. :smile:
Reply 29
valcandy
hmm, really? I was always wondering what caucasians thought of oriental girls...like us. :smile:

Much of this is rediculous I think. If you woudl do a propper statistical test youd see that people does not care that much about race. The exception being that people tend to be atracted to those similar to themsleves. the reason it appears to be the case that guys go for oriented girls is merely that we are not used to see white guys and oriental wommen together, and now when it become more common people think that guys somehow favour asians. I think in reality what is happening is that the increased globalisation makes us care less about the ethnic background of other people.
Reply 30
Joseph_SOUTH
have you all ever noticed that when white men go out with black girls they go out with the most beautiful gorgeous ones, but when black men go out with white women they are always the meanest looking moose imaginable? it must be some kind of joke amongst black men (by the way, full offence intended to all the mean looking white mooses who go out with the black chaps) :smile:

I am NOT a mean looking moose, and I find that comment offensive,
In answer to the originaal question, that is a stupid question because, as I believe someone has mentioned, it is like saying why do girls go for dark haired guys instead of blondes :rolleyes:
Reply 31
Oh dear, I feel so stupid on these forums. My comments are just been thrown back at me.
Cate
I am NOT a mean looking moose, and I find that comment offensive,
In answer to the originaal question, that is a stupid question because, as I believe someone has mentioned, it is like saying why do girls go for dark haired guys instead of blondes :rolleyes:

It's just a joke missus, don't take it so seriously :smile:
Reply 33
AM1
I am entirely neutral on this issue. Having watched "Forbidden Fruit" on Channel 4 recently, I learned that many white girls find the allure of a dark-skinned male irresistable for various reasons. Famously, Britney Spears, Danni Minogue and Nicole Kidman have all recently "been" with black guys.

Basically, what do black guys "give" white girls, that they cant get from white guys. Why is the allure so irresistable?

I think it is kinda sad that it is still seen as "different" to have a inter-racial relationship by some people. Indeed, in many places around the UK it is quite normal.

I personally tend to prefer dark-haired, dark-eyed, tanned-skin arty types. BUT, the most wonderful guy (Matty) is blue-eyed, white and a science boy- you can't chose who you fall for.
Reply 34
valcandy

You're all beauties :smile:
Reply 35
randdom

Well i don't believe that. I do like blonde women, but in fact hair colour doesn't really matter (unless it isn't one of died pink colours).
After having read this thread, I find it strange that nobody had picked up on the scientific side of the matter.

In order to increase a population's chances of survival, it is necessary for people's offspring to be as genetically diverse as possible. During evolution, people who are attracted to those who are genetically different from themselves survive. And so by the way we have evolved, we tend to be attracted to people who are genetically different from ourselves.
Reply 37
figgetyfig
After having read this thread, I find it strange that nobody had picked up on the scientific side of the matter.

In order to increase a population's chances of survival, it is necessary for people's offspring to be as genetically diverse as possible. During evolution, people who are attracted to those who are genetically different from themselves survive. And so by the way we have evolved, we tend to be attracted to people who are genetically different from ourselves.

Indeedy- the saying springs to mind: opposites attract :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending