The Student Room Group

Need help/advice on a career in finance!!

I've recently graduated from university with a degree in Bsc Economics, however, I am unsure about the future career I wish to pursue. I was thinking of going into something involving finance, possibly accounting.
Firstly, is it more beneficial to look for graduate schemes or would a small local company be equally beneficial to apply for?
Secondly, If I was to choose to be qualified as an accountant after gaining the necessary qualifications would I still be able to further my career in other areas as I get older because I don't like the thought of being stuck in the same job forever and would like to work towards a salary of £40k+ ideally.
Any advice or knowledge shared on the various routes/qualifications that would be good to gain in the world of finance would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers guys!
You have nice graduate degree in B Sc Economics, As I assure you to choose the career of your interest, first analyse yourself that where you want to exist and in which field you are capable to build your career. Well after reading your points I must suggest you to join the further field in accountancy, for next you can for Master in Business studies that was best for you in the manner of studies as well as also work towards your ideal salary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending