The Student Room Group

For Manchester Uni

BAEcon Accounting and Finance Or Bsc Management (accounting and finance)?
Which course is better?
What are their differences?
I'm currently doing my applications, and I'm in need for advice regarding these courses. Please help
Reply 1
Which a levels are you taking? Which do you enjoy?
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ajj2000
Which a levels are you taking? Which do you enjoy?

I'm currently doing CBSE XII, it's the Indian equivalent of A - Levels.
My current subjects are: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Entrepreneurship & English.
I wish to pursue Bsc. Accounting & Finance.
Based on the module information, I feel I might prefer studying Bsc. Management ( Acc. & Finance) as the subjects are better oriented for the career I wish to pursue.

I'm not sure about the difference between the courses tho, cuz most of the other universties only have Bsc. Accounting & Finance as an option.
Reply 3
Original post by Ria SSD
I'm currently doing CBSE XII, it's the Indian equivalent of A - Levels.
My current subjects are: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Entrepreneurship & English.
I wish to pursue Bsc. Accounting & Finance.
Based on the module information, I feel I might prefer studying Bsc. Management ( Acc. & Finance) as the subjects are better oriented for the career I wish to pursue.

I'm not sure about the difference between the courses tho, cuz most of the other universties only have Bsc. Accounting & Finance as an option.

Sounds like the management course is the one for you!

The difference between the BAEcon at Manchester for A+F applicants, and from what I can see the BSc Management route also is that the courses are much more flexible and allow you to take broader options or focus on non accounting topics should you find you don't enjoy studying accounting at university.

The BA Econ is very much a social sciences course so great for people who enjoyed social sciences at high school but want to study accountancy for career reasons. Its a get out of jail card if they don't like the accountancy route. Looks like the management course offers the same but with management and business related subjects.
Reply 4
Original post by ajj2000
Sounds like the management course is the one for you!

The difference between the BAEcon at Manchester for A+F applicants, and from what I can see the BSc Management route also is that the courses are much more flexible and allow you to take broader options or focus on non accounting topics should you find you don't enjoy studying accounting at university.

The BA Econ is very much a social sciences course so great for people who enjoyed social sciences at high school but want to study accountancy for career reasons. Its a get out of jail card if they don't like the accountancy route. Looks like the management course offers the same but with management and business related subjects.

Okay, thank you soo much for breaking down.
I was confused as to which course I should apply for. Thank you!! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending