The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by STheBlondie
Baker and Mckenzie vac scheme!! Over the moon, only had my AC yesterday so I heard back very quickly.

do you mind me asking when did u submit your application? I did so on 30 Jan. Wondering how long they take to send out AC offers. thanks
Original post by Sian.
Hi

Has anybody heard from eversheds Manchester office post app?

I've not and i'm waiting on them too - i know quite a few people have heard back and have telephone interviews but none for the manchester office
So.... if you email a firm for an update after an application (and you know of others who, after doing so, received rejections) and they reply with "we are in the process of shortlisting candidates and you will be contacted in due course" - does that mean you are still in the running or does it mean there is a PFO on the way?

Would appreciate any thoughts ? :smile:
Original post by chasingtruths
do you mind me asking when did u submit your application? I did so on 30 Jan. Wondering how long they take to send out AC offers. thanks

I submitted in November and got sent the tests the week before last, had a telephone interview on Friday and got an AC invite that same day for yesterday. They acted pretty quickly so hopefully you'll hear soon!
Baker and Mckenzie vac scheme!! Over the moon, only had my AC yesterday so I heard back very quickly.

Congrats!! :danceboy:

Congratulations! Do you have any tips for the telephone interview and AC?
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
PFO Simmons post AC, can't say I'm surprised :tongue:

Oh I'm sorry to hear that! Can I ask when your AC was?
Original post by zooly1
Still waiting:confused:

I've had rejection from them so guessing your still under consideration... Good luck!
Reply 2708
Anyone waiting on Linklaters post-AC???
Has anyone else heard from Charles Russell Speechlys? Know a few people have had test invites so guessing a rejection for me!
Original post by LawStudent30
Has anyone else heard from Charles Russell Speechlys? Know a few people have had test invites so guessing a rejection for me!

I'm still waiting as well! I know a partner who is involved with grad recruitment and he said they are still sifting through the applications. I wouldn't worry yet.
Reply 2711
Original post by MrsSpector
Any news from Mishcon post AC?

Has mine 2 days ago, they said i should wait 2 weeks. When was yours
Original post by Omiclops
I'm still waiting as well! I know a partner who is involved with grad recruitment and he said they are still sifting through the applications. I wouldn't worry yet.

Oh great, thanks for letting me know! I submitted mine quite late so hoping that's why. Best of luck for your application :smile:
Can anyone who's gotten an invite to Mishcon AC tell me what number they called on? Was it an unknown or central London number? I have a mini heart attack every time my phone rings and it's PPI or my mother...

For those asking - I'm still waiting for Boodle Hatfield as well, I'd take no news as good news! Also waiting on Macfarlanes which I'm taking as a PFO as a few people seem to have had AC and vac scheme offers.

Congrats to everyone who's had good news on the board!
Original post by Amin_543
Just received Wragge, Lawrence Graham & Co telephone interview invite. Does everyone who passed the SJT and VRT get invited to one, and any tips from anyone on what they may ask?

I had one a couple months ago - it was very to the point ie question-answer, question-answer. no chit chat, was over in just over 10mins. Pretty standard questions - aside from the usual why us/why you etc, they asked -
- how i keep up to date with commercial news
- what 3 factors clients look for when appointing a firm
- what the 3 most important factors affecting global commerce are

best of luck!
Original post by elmopsk
Can anyone who's gotten an invite to Mishcon AC tell me what number they called on? Was it an unknown or central London number? I have a mini heart attack every time my phone rings and it's PPI or my mother...

For those asking - I'm still waiting for Boodle Hatfield as well, I'd take no news as good news! Also waiting on Macfarlanes which I'm taking as a PFO as a few people seem to have had AC and vac scheme offers.

Congrats to everyone who's had good news on the board!

I'm also waiting on Macfarlanes but it was one of the first apps I sent off, so not really getting my hopes up. Good luck!
Reply 2716
Original post by canoepop
CMS Interview tomorrow - nervous!

Stupid question but it says we'll get a q & a session with some trainees. Is this part assessed or is it just a chance for us to get a better picture of the firm?

Hey, I have an interview with them next Tuesday, would it be possible to tell me more about what happened? Questions asked? Tips? Etc. :smile: Thanks!
Reply 2717
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
PFO Weil (post interview)

Ah sorry to hear that, did they get in touch via email or phone? Just had my interview a couple weeks back and still haven't heard anything.
Original post by red31
Ah sorry to hear that, did they get in touch via email or phone? Just had my interview a couple weeks back and still haven't heard anything.

Had my interview yesterday - do you know how many people they interview / how many spots they have left? :s-smilie:
Reply 2719
Could anyone give me examples of news/current affairs questions they have been asked at interview (any firm)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending